• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town : L2 : 7.45pm : MDT

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Draw was the fair result. Stuffy goal for the winner.

Can't quite understand this passive football in the first half then come out all guns blazing in the second half. Fine if we look capable of keeping a clean sheet but that's two weeks running where we were lucky to be only 1 down.

Still a striker short and the left hand side is inconsistent at best.

StroudGrecian

One point out of nine, we need to get back to winning ways pdq starting Saturday

hardi2b

from what I can surmise from comments today and cumulatively from past games hoof-ball has always comes from desperation or lack of availability / movement in mid-field ? Why we are apparently unable to maintain possession from the back through mid field is a mystery to me.

i8cornwall

If Seymour and Taylor are what we turn to during an injury crisis then we won't be playing league one football anytime soon.

Fair play to Northampton they have a style of play and a game plan and execute it well, us on the other hand...well I'm not really sure we have a plan B.

One loss isn't the end of the season but now we need to win Saturday and avoid defeat to Vale.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
from what I can surmise from comments today and cumulatively from past games hoof-ball has always comes from desperation or lack of availability / movement in mid-field ? Why we are apparently unable to maintain possession from the back through mid field is a mystery to me.
The opposition have a role to play in that. So too do the conditions.

manc grecian

Teams, especially the better ones, press us high up the pitch and don't let us play out so we have to go long. Problem is we don't have anyone to hold the ball up or compete other than Nombe. Kite needs to be quicker in possession, gets caught dithering all the time

Thought the pitch looked good...and we're still in the Ashes.*

*This post may need revising after 12 midnight.

iscalad

Matt says Nombe out for some considerable time. 🥵

manc grecian

Matt says Nombe out for some considerable time. 🥵
We need a striker with some physical presence on Jan 1st. The sight of Seymour again makes me very sad.

Red Devon

Draw was the fair result. Stuffy goal for the winner.

Can't quite understand this passive football in the first half then come out all guns blazing in the second half. Fine if we look capable of keeping a clean sheet but that's two weeks running where we were lucky to be only 1 down.

Still a striker short and the left hand side is inconsistent at best.
Me neither, Northampton should have been three up at the break, missed two golden opportunities to score....at halftime I couldn’t see us scoring but feel bitterly disappointed to lose after being so much the better side in the second half.