• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town : L2 : 7.45pm : MDT

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the game could be off...

If it's on, I'm looking forward to it but expecting a stop/start, low quality game which I think will be decided by one goal.
Already I’ve seen lots of fields and roads flooded around Exeter this morning looking particularly bad around Matford area.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just to confirm everybody's worst fears, it's absolutely throwing it down in Exeter. We've had 12mm rain in the last 24 hours, yesterday mainly in the form of very heavy showers, but overnight a constant downpour which has been blown along by a southerly wind gusting up to 40mph. It could well dry up later as the wind direction looks likely to change to Sw from S, but any gain from that will be cancelled out by dropping barometric pressure. Agree with Devon Red abaout the likely nature of the game tonight. Remarkably at the time of writing it's 10c, quite a considerable rise from yesterday. I'll update around 12:00 GMT, but which time I hope the current heavy rain will have abated, and possibly stopped. Not ideal conditions for a game against Northampton.
Sounds like it could be the first proper test of the new pitch tonight. I'd have thought that unless the wind is dangerously high the game should be able to go ahead.

Boyo

Sounds like it could be the first proper test of the new pitch tonight. I'd have thought that unless the wind is dangerously high the game should be able to go ahead.
Yep, first proper test and agreed unless it's unsafe due to wind it really should go ahead. 12mm of rain in 24 and light rain forecast for the rest of the day really should not be creating puddles on our pitch, especially given the weather has been very favourable so far this season and the pitch is in good condition.

Oldsmobile-88

I’m at SJP.The drains appear to be coping well at the moment.Some surface water especially on the IP Office Stand side on the touch line pooling on the Astro Turf.

4A8B3EAB-DE64-41A4-89D1-0D9E3ECEE8AE.jpeg

iscalad

Stopped raining ATM. Big game tonight. Positive bounce back from Saturday and a nice 3 points please.

David Treharne

It has, indeed, stopped raining in the last 10 minutes. The wind is swinging around between SW and WSW, and although the sun is making a watery attempt to come out, the wind speed has dropped since earlier, and I'm fairly certain there will be further rain. I'm optimistic that the gam will go ahead, and heartened by the photo Oldsmobile posted. I'll update around 18:00.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m at SJP.The drains appear to be coping well at the moment.Some surface water especially on the IP Office Stand side on the touch line pooling on the Astro Turf.

View attachment 7494
Isn't this the usual corner we have had problems with before ?
Hope we've got one of those water succer uppers that cricket uses or the gear I think Barrow used last season to get rid of it so Chas doesn't have coronary !
UTC

Oldsmobile-88

No it was the BB end.That is clear.
The water on the Astro Turf looks worse than it actually is.

Rain has stopped & a nice breeze at the moment.I will leave it to Dr Dave for a full forecast/update 😎

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good luck to all those going to the game by train. Hope you've already set off.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope we've got one of those water succer uppers that cricket uses or the gear I think Barrow used last season to get rid of it so Chas doesn't have coronary !
UTC
Yes, for whatever reason the left side facing the pitch from the IP Stand always seems to be the first area to have standing water, and has been notorious for a lack of grass there in previous seasons. Pretty confident that the pitch will hold out this season. No chance it will be called off today, unless we have an absolute deluge prior to KO.