• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread

tonykellowfan

Bring in Moxey for TAH, Boateng for Tilson and McAlinden for Stockley (use as impact from the bench).

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Manager of the Month jinx is over and we'll be back to winning again.

COYR

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Once again the line-up will be interesting. I usually think I'm pretty good at second guessing Tis on this but I think there are various options he could use in defence or attack today. In central midfield it will definitely be Tillson and James in my opinion though and I think this is very sensible. I would love to see Edwards today and now we have Moxey Woodman Edwards Holmes Sparkes McAlinden all as left sided players so Holmes playing on the right would look like a fixture to me at this point. Holmes and Edwards on either side with Stockley in the centre could scare the s**t out of defences actually. Or starting with Reid Macca Holmes and then switching to the former second half. Still not 100% convinced about Boateng, although his passing was a lot better on Tuesday than previously, because I think he is not an obvious swap for anyone and leaves us stretched in central mid where we do a lot of our main defending these days. Swapping him for Tillson or James completely changes the way we'd have to defend the ball when not in possession and I am nervous about that. I do think today is a great opportunity to get our form back, and prove that we can win without JMT in the team because we're well capable of doing so.

KWSGrecian

Hope to see Edwards involved a lot today. Had a stormer on Tuesday and looks the real deal. Gonna be interesting to see what tis does about Reid and Stockley as the two just aren't compatible. Puts a lot of pressure on Macca but I think its gotta be Reuben off the bench

MikeGrecian

Unsure if it's already been posted but no trains running between Barnstaple and Crediton, a coach replacement service has been provided resulting in a four hour + round trip (no toilets) so bear that in mind.I have to say I'm out.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope to see Edwards involved a lot today. Had a stormer on Tuesday and looks the real deal. Gonna be interesting to see what tis does about Reid and Stockley as the two just aren't compatible. Puts a lot of pressure on Macca but I think its gotta be Reuben off the bench
Reid is having a great season. I've yet to see anything of Stockley that justifies him keeping Reid out the team. It's Reid to start for me and Stockley from the bench if required

David Treharne

It's 16c and we've had spots of rain during the last hour.. The wind has turned round to SSW and it looks increasingly likely that we'll have some showers during the course of the game. It'd be good to see a shuffled back four (or three) with Boeteng starting as I believe he could be the link between the forwards and the defence that we needed during the last couple of games. Any formation that isn't an attacking one would be a poor choice playing against teams like Morecambe who must be looking to pick up at least a point, and if they go ahead sit on the one goal advantage. Still, what do I know?

Last edited:

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bring in Moxey for TAH, Boateng for Tilson and McAlinden for Stockley (use as impact from the bench).
Exactly right , that's why we've got in Moxey and Boateng.Come on Tisdale , no tinkering please as you'll only have yourself to blame when we lose.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only just realised that Mansfield v Notts Co is an early kick off. Currently 0-0 at half time.

Two changes: Croll replaces TAH and Moxey replaces Holmes on left wing

Holmes not on the bench