• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Liverpool OFFICIAL matchday thread

Ken Dodd

hiya greeks yer boys did ok last night but we won in second gear and I made 100 quid for 3-1

good buzz in yer clubhouse

all the best in league 1 fellas

greenawayr

Just to add a sense of perspective.

The debt we accrued in the dark days with a couple of crooks at the helm, were still nowhere near the cost of ONE of the Liverpool signings over the past 12 months!

How much more of a graphic illustration do you need to see that if Liverpool turned up with the right attitude, as they did, we were never going to win this game.

That's the facts, just ask Wenger!

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
great post ryan.

agree completely............except I'd have given Troy a 9 -thought he was immense.

Cravat 2

I thought we did very well but, sadly, were let down by a few silly mistakes. Their second, and killer goal, came from Nardiello pratting around, turning and turning into their players when options were available.

Also, I remain utterly unconvinced by Artur who flapped at everything in the air and just looked hopeless.

Other than that, I thought Troy was excellent, Dunney kept going strong throughout the game, and the new boys did well when they came on. We tried to play good football, despite the opposition, and the obvious nerves.

I wasn't expecting such a strong team from Liverpool. Suarez looked different gravy!

Last edited:

Cravat 2

Cannot understand the criticism of Noble. Quality distribution and good retention of possession, was rarely shrugged off the ball. .
Completely agree. Noble looked very good last night. So calm on the ball and some great passes. The one issue is sometimes holding on to it a little too long.

greenawayr

great post ryan.

agree completely............except I'd have given Troy a 9 -thought he was immense.
Perhaps I should give him an extra point for attempting to shoot from 40 yards out in the first half.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
No take from WMM on the game :-O

Are you stuck in the Mersey tunnel matey ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No take from WMM on the game :-O

Are you stuck in the Mersey tunnel matey ?
Perhaps actually being at the game he feels under-qualified to comment on the game.

Perhaps we should have had a match day thread for those present and another one for those that weren't!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps we should have had a match day thread for those present and another one for those that weren't!
Not a bad idea but how do the multis decide where to post ?