• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Lincoln City Matchday Thread.

grecianstew

Didn’t really clock it yesterday, but an almond bizarre lack of celebration for our goal. Not sure what it says, but I’m sure there is something to be read into it!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
YouTube highlights

A couple of observations:
[1] Amazing 'recovery' from the apparently stricken Lincoln defender circa 45 seconds.
[2] While Muskwe ought to have done better with his chance, with the benefit of the replay, think the keeper may have got something on it – his fist pump as the ball goes wide seems to support this take.

Bridgy 81

I'd have liked to have seen that tackle on Vinnie, shame it's not included.
There’s a text book case of simulation in those brief highlights which I presume the referee chose to ignore?
On 37 seconds a Lincoln defender goes down like a sack of spuds and lies motionless in apparent distress.
But miraculously about 10 seconds later he springs back up when the ball comes near him and re-enters the fray.
”Attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation) must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour which is misconduct punishable by a yellow card”, plus in my opinion it also makes the person concerned look very daft.

Didn’t really clock it yesterday, but an almond bizarre lack of celebration for our goal. Not sure what it says, but I’m sure there is something to be read into it!
Yes you’d have thought we’d have gone more nuts than almond bizarre

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only thing I read into this was that the players were intent on wining the game – had a second goal come I've no doubt the celebrations, on and off the pitch, would have rivalled any we've seen thus far this season.

Grecianman135

It's good to get the draw after all hope looked lost,but not out the woods yet,still going to have problems scoring goals Muskwe is atrocious ... add that with the further injuries yesterday puts us further back again now.

tea stand

I'd have liked to have seen that tackle on Vinnie, shame it's not included.
The inherent issue with these 'highlights' is that they usually last around the 2 minute mark and miss many key moments in games such as some disallowed goals and bad fouls.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There’s a text book case of simulation in those brief highlights which I presume the referee chose to ignore?
On 37 seconds a Lincoln defender goes down like a sack of spuds and lies motionless in apparent distress.
But miraculously about 10 seconds later he springs back up when the ball comes near him and re-enters the fray.
”Attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation) must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour which is misconduct punishable by a yellow card”, plus in my opinion it also makes the person concerned look very daft.
Wigan did the game management really well last week, I'm expecting more next Saturday.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I was searched again I would’ve been even more annoyed. It just seemed unnecessary to me as I walk through there all the time and so do many other people! I also had just missed the goal and was late for work so probably wasn’t in the best of mood haha.
I've had my bag searched going into the main stands for many years now. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Bridgy 81

I've had my bag searched going into the main stands for many years now. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
I was patted down at Derby last week (at the football, not as we were just generally wandering around the city).
Fortunately my liquorice allsorts weren’t deemed to be an offensive weapon or likely to outrage public decency.