• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hull City under 23s Premier League Cup Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The remaining 2 games are:-

HOME: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11 (2pm) 
City v Sunderland (at St James Park)
AWAY: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26 (7pm)
 Brighton & Hove Albion v City

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
"We scored to early". The thoughts of Matt Taylor https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/taylor-post-hull-city/

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Makes you wonder what Matt Jay has to do to get a run. Surely he can start a couple of matches to really see if he can do the business.

IndoMike

Cheers!!!!
I always knew you were Tisdale.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
7 minutes of 360 highlights from last nights game

[video=youtube;qOD9HG1pbhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOD9HG1pbhU[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOD9HG1pbhU

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looked like we had the lion share of chances. McAlinden is so damn frustrating as virtually every shot is so tamley hit. I just want him to put his foot through the ball.

Jay seemed to be causing problems and his effort that hit the post was unlucky. I’d be keen for him to start the next game.

Red Bill

Good god the standard of reporting on the Devon Live website really is shocking.

Included in a short piece about how the U23 PL Cup deserves more fans, was this little gem "Alongside this, the Premier League Cup was the first opportunity fans had to see Hiram Boateng, Jayden Stockley, Kyle Edwards and Ryan Loft in action this season, getting an idea of how they might feature in the first team."

My memory really is getting bad, I could have sworn I'd already seen three of them this season!(facepalm)

denzel

Good god the standard of reporting on the Devon Live website really is shocking.

Included in a short piece about how the U23 PL Cup deserves more fans, was this little gem "Alongside this, the Premier League Cup was the first opportunity fans had to see Hiram Boateng, Jayden Stockley, Kyle Edwards and Ryan Loft in action this season, getting an idea of how they might feature in the first team."

My memory really is getting bad, I could have sworn I'd already seen three of them this season!(facepalm)
No. The PL Cup was the first time each of them featured. And the crowd was poor, why were more people not there?

andrew p long

The remaining 2 games are:-

HOME: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11 (2pm) 
City v Sunderland (at St James Park)
AWAY: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26 (7pm)
 Brighton & Hove Albion v City
Not a great couple of dates ...the first is sandwiched between first team games one day before and two days after.

And the second is 2 days after we've played 5 league games in 15 days

We've often used players who have just missed out on a first team game; this time round such player may be held back from the U23 so as to play in the next first team game

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Pitch looking reasonable to me in those highlights.