• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I presume that you both know what the “longstanding commitment” is then?
No, perhaps he should have let ECFC supporters know.

No doubt that would be considered an invasion of privacy by some.

REDMIKE

How do we know that it is not a family illness and he would have missed the game if it was played on Saturday.Remember we had a similar situation with David Wheeler last year.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
How do we know that it is not a family illness and he would have missed the game if it was played on Saturday.Remember we had a similar situation with David Wheeler last year.
Long standing family illness?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
No, perhaps he should have let ECFC supporters know.

No doubt that would be considered an invasion of privacy by some.
And why should he have let supporters know ? And don't come out with "the we are his employers line" and should be told everything that goes on at the club.

I'm fairly sure it would have been known by the club he couldn't make this date weeks/ months ago.

We the supporters have been informed via the link thingy ........... Think about it if you and others hadn't been informed you would have nothing to moan about.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Isn't that the point ?? (facepalm)
Ahhh gotcha ............. so even when there are no games planned MONTHS before Tis should be planning for every eventuality a Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues on any random week/weekend in November when we haven't already got a game lined up in the League.

Sorry im starting to get pulled into the derailing the thread criteria.

Can we just have a " I want to moan about anything and everything the club do or don't do with or without my prior knowledge " thread ?

Last edited:

Banksy

This thread is starting to go off course and getting a little petty .
Myself , I'll settle for a City win whoever is in charge.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can I suggest a TisCam. Then we would know lots of cool stuff like how he commutes, who he picks up on the way, how much time he spends coaching Reid and Stockley, how he chooses his outfit in the morning, how much scouting he does, what he says in the pub when meeting prospective new strikers, what his preferred biscuit is. The list is endless.

TisCam. It's the future.

manc grecian

Ahhh gotcha ............. so even when there are no games planned MONTHS before Tis should be planning for every eventuality a Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues on any random week/weekend in November when we haven't already got a game lined up in the League.

Sorry im starting to get pulled into the derailing the thread criteria.

Can we just have a " I want to moan about anything and everything the club do or don't do with or without my prior knowledge " thread ?
Surely he knew this was FA cup weekend when the fixtures came out? I'm not arsed personally but surely there shouldn't be a great surprise that his weekend should be taken up with a game of football.

Grecian2K

Given his overall FA Cup record over the years it might have been a bit more prudent if Tis had booked the SECOND ROUND weekend off!!

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just got an e-mail saying that:

Matt Oakley to manage Sunday’s FA Cup tie

Exeter City assistant manager Matt Oakley will take the helm when the team faces Heybridge Swifts in the Emirates FA Cup first round tie this Sunday.

The match has been rescheduled and now falls on a day which manager Paul Tisdale is unable to attend due to a longstanding commitment. Matt will be supported by coaches Matt Taylor, Andy Tillson and Mel Gwinnett, and director of football Steve Perryman.

Julian Tagg, chairman of Exeter City, said: “Paul had booked some time off, his first for a considerable period, and we have honoured this. Initially, it did not impact on any matches, until this match was rescheduled.

“The match, at St James Park, was moved to Sunday at 2pm, so it can be shown on BBC Final Score along with four other matches that afternoon.”

Paul Tisdale added: “This is an opportunity for Matt Oakley to assume responsibility on match day. He will be ably assisted by a highly competent support team.

“We follow a very consistent process to all matches we play so I am sure with the same preparation, the team's approach on Sunday will be as professional and focused as any other game
Well this is a strange one and I cannot help wondering if the pressing engagement would have been less pressing had we been playing the likes of Liverpool?

To my mind Tisdale is paid to manage ECFC and should not be entitled to delegate his responsibilities unless there are serious medical reasons concerning either himself or a close member of his family. This is an FA Cup tie worth £18,000 to the winning team and a place in the second round draw and possible live TV coverage.

Regardless of the level of opponent it is an important game and an opportunity for the Club to progress. Tisdale is paid very good money to manage the Club and ensure where possible that such opportunities are not missed and therefore in such circumstances should have remained at the helm.