• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Gillingham Matchday Thread

greenawayr

Must say, I'm a bit worried about our expectations. Playoffs????

Come on guys be serious.

I had a tenner ew on us winning the league so I will have none of this playoff nonsense talk. I want 1st place.

Sort it out Stansdaleforpe!!!

Ashecfc

I think that 3-0 was a superb win against a team at the time were above us in the league. I thought Tis had it spot on in the second half and went for the clean sheet rather than going for 5 or 6 nil, because of the following;

1) this is our only second clean sheet in L2
2) It will give our defence some added confidence
3) if we continued to attack, then we might have conceeded and allowed Gillingham back into the game (basically similar to the Aldershot v Bury game)

Last edited:

Our Vic

Very Pleased with the result. Were 7th at the moment, and the set-up for the 1st was amazing.
Sorry Bit Late
P.S Just become a member
P.S.S Does anybody think we'll be in the play offs this season

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't put your address on your profile if i were you.

There are some right weirdos on here.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love

Beat me to it - was just gonna say the same

manc grecian

Thats just up the road from me.....

Benito

Great game on Saturday!

Anyone else see the two Gillingham fans that tried to storm out after the third goal went in? They were screaming abuse at the manager and players and then one shouted 'F this! I'm off! You won't see me again!' and tried to get back out through the locked turnstyle, before having to turnaround and walk back and ask to be let out! :D

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Superb all round team performance from start to finish. Moxey was more like the defender he was this time last year; a few more games and we'll defo be saying George who? Tulley too was immense at the back; and in getting forward. The middle 3 bossed the game throughout; and the 3 up front were sublime both on and off the ball. Jones came off his line when he needed to and didn't put a foot wrong; apart from some woeful kicking down the right hand side. Leaving the central defence; which reminded me at times of our 89-90 central defensive partnership; outstanding [y] My MOM was Stanno; but very closely followed by Stewart and the other 9 :)

grecIAN Harris

logan could play as a lone striker , but what you would need is frank lampard or joe cole type players to run passed him, but thats another system,as you say if its not broke dont try to fix it
But that's exactly what Stanno would add that Logan can't because of his mobility. He would be the one going past the centre forward.

BIG DADDY

But that's exactly what Stanno would add that Logan can't because of his mobility. He would be the one going past the centre forward.
stan is not very good defensively yes he can get up and down but thats it, logan makes up for his so call lack of pace with is vision and array of long or short passes, he also gives tully the protection he needs when playing 4/3/3