• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

Xavi

As I’ve said previously, Boeteng is a key player and was a huge miss today. Replacement Tilson was poor, a few crunching tackles are all well and good (didn’t even have them today) but against a quality footballing side he was exposed. No surprise when he was substituted.

Several players (Forte, Law) looked as though they may have been suffering with the bug.

Contrary to what has already been posted, Lee Martin was the only player to offer some well timed runs, but the passing to find him fell well short.

Goalkeeper not at fault for either goal. Two great finishes.

Matt Jay will end up at Truro or Weston-super-Mare, loads of effort but hasn’t got it I’m afraid.

We have a good squad, but will struggle against the better sides (FGR are one) if you take out any of A Martin, Law, Boetang, Stockley.

Well played Forest Green, they played excellent football for this level and are definitely candidates for promotion.

Oh, and the new grandstand is superb. We have a great club with a great future. Can’t be at our best every game...

scottus86

I was in the NOG and had a view from right behind their players for each goal.
Both shots very well placed.
No way you can blame Hamon for either of them.
From the camera angle it looked as if both goals were tucked nicely in to the upper and lower corners, the first hitting the inside of the post and the second the side netting just behind the post. Two really good finished by the FGR players. Hamon was fairly assured in goal apart from one spillage in the first half.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
First goal was a great finish but the closing down was utter dog****.

elginCity

We bypassed midfield i think partly because nobody wanted the ball.
Also my take on it. One of those games where the oppo always seemed to have an extra man (sometimes 2). Dispiriting what with a big crowd and the NOG open (v nice).

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were just plain poor today - something was not right whether it is this bug that has been in and around the squad who knows.
Fair play to FGR best side at the park this season.

Martin brings nothing to the side for me I'm afraid

We move on

scottus86

As I’ve said previously, Boeteng is a key player and was a huge miss today. Replacement Tilson was poor, a few crunching tackles are all well and good (didn’t even have them today) but against a quality footballing side he was exposed. No surprise when he was substituted.

Several players (Forte, Law) looked as though they may have been suffering with the bug.

Contrary to what has already been posted, Lee Martin was the only player to offer some well timed runs, but the passing to find him fell well short.

Goalkeeper not at fault for either goal. Two great finishes.

Matt Jay will end up at Truro or Weston-super-Mare, loads of effort but hasn’t got it I’m afraid.

We have a good squad, but will struggle against the better sides (FGR are one) if you take out any of A Martin, Law, Boetang, Stockley.

Well played Forest Green, they played excellent football for this level and are definitely candidates for promotion.

Oh, and the new grandstand is superb. We have a great club with a great future. Can’t be at our best every game...
I disagree with you on L.Martin, usually his off the ball movement is the only thing going for him, but today even that was poor and he didn't have any affect on the game. When he is on the ball he gets his feet tangled up and the opposition usually come out on top.

Jay on the other hand was on the pitch for about 20 minutes, was one of the only players on the pitch looking to recieve the ball, whether attacking or at the back and made himself space in a congested area to get a venomus strike away that only just went over the bar. He offered way more in 20 minutes than Martin did for the whole 90

Red Bill

Well that was as bad as anything wr'be seen in the last ten years!
We simply don't have a central midfield, we were second to every ball and the aimless hoofs somewhere in the general direction of Stockley were so obvious and easy to deal with. Aaron Martin was again my MoM, but Croll was his equal. Outside of that, I can't think of a single player who could hold his head up this evening. With Boateng out for sometime, we seriously need someone to join our midfield together!

dontpassback

Got what we deserved today,nothing ! Second best to everything ,but like first half v Cheltenham,but unlike Cheltenham the second half was never going to be the same,Deano needs to move up and woody needs to start at left back,FGR look a good side and James has one of the easiest games he will ever had,and we were lucky it wasn’t more,but we’ve had a good start so we need to bounce back like we did after Lincoln :D

manc grecian

Whatever the repercussions of today no way should it mean that Woodman and Moxey play down the left again.

grecIAN Harris

We were flatter than a pile of punctured tyres today and had nothing to breath air into a very listless display. A midfield of Taylor and Tillson absolutely screamed creativity...……….. not. I can't remember who it is that keeps banging on about how Boateng needs dropping but whoever it is, were you at todays game and if so, do you now realise how wrong you are? There wasn't even the slightest hint of creativity. The link up play to bring Law into the game was consequently missing. Why Law didn't start in the middle is a question that should be asked of Matt Taylor promptly followed up by when he did eventually put him in there why substitute him and put an already out of position Matt Jay in his place (and some of you used to think Tisdale made bizarre substitutions?? If Tis was still here this place would be in meltdown by now).