• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Doncaster Rovers ('Appy as Larry) Matchday Thread

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The three seasons he was guided by Perryman: we can call them the "mobile years"
I know what you mean. Some years ago a good friend was sat in the Aldershot directors box while nothing much was happening on the pitch. Suddenly Perryman reached for his phone and the sub jumped to his feet and started warming up.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know what you mean. Some years ago a good friend was sat in the Aldershot directors box while nothing much was happening on the pitch. Suddenly Perryman reached for his phone and the sub jumped to his feet and started warming up.
Something has to account for Tisdale's demise from the most promising young Manager in the League to the beleaguered boss of the 93rd club in th eleague with the worst home record ever by a country mile. I honestly think that something is Perryman's early involvement versus his absence now.

philb

Something has to account for Tisdale's demise from the most promising young Manager in the League to the beleaguered boss of the 93rd club in th eleague with the worst home record ever by a country mile. I honestly think that something is Perryman's early involvement versus his absence now.
We seem to be getting somewhere here.......the difficulty I have in getting my head around is that it seems reasonably obvious we have been riding the wrong horse for some years now with the absence of the great enthusiasm of Perryman........I recall him running up and down the the main stand and leading the singing.....obviously been told by his Doctor to lay off..........do the great and good not see that Tisdale is a spent flush and perhaps was never that good without support !!!!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We seem to be getting somewhere here.......the difficulty I have in getting my head around is that it seems reasonably obvious we have been riding the wrong horse for some years now with the absence of the great enthusiasm of Perryman........I recall him running up and down the the main stand and leading the singing.....obviously been told by his Doctor to lay off..........do the great and good not see that Tisdale is a spent flush and perhaps was never that good without support !!!!
But not just his enthusiasm, his tactics and signings, too

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tisdale ...

I'm a professional and I'm concerned about everything we do on the pitch and off the pitch.

We haven't won at home in the league and I'm concerned about it but I'm a professional and I'm doing a job that involves the health of the club, developing players and I want to win on a Saturday, which we haven't done.

dontpassback

The club wont be very healthy when were in the bleddy conference !!!!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale ...
He isn't doing the job, that's the problem

Rachmaninov

Tisdale ...
And herein lies the key problem. We have a manager who believes (or is instructed) that their primary role is not results on the pitch but nurturing talent that can be sold on.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hants....sorry, but edited in the interests of reality

I'm the oldest professional in the book and I'm concerned about everything they do to protect my 2 year roller.

We STILL haven't won at home in the league and I don't give a monkey's about it because I'm a professional and I'm doing a job that involves sucking the wealth out of the club, dropping players and I want to put my feet up on a Saturday, which I always do.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
.........Do the great and good not see that Tisdale is a spent flush and perhaps was never that good without support !!!!
Good luck with that! I made the same suggestion that Tisdale wasnt much cop without Perryman with cellphone, and got severely beaten up for the suggestion! (tmi)