• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

exeter-loyal

STURTZ you're joking right? In the unlikely event that you're not, the fact that Williams had "lost the ball" doesnt mean its not a penalty. The ball was still in play by the byline when Williams was clearly tripped; that was a pen.
I had a decent view as I was stood right in front of it and he 100% clipped Williams and didn't get the ball, definite pen!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never a penalty, Williams got caught but he'd already lost the ball.
Yems was surprised it wasn't given.
If the ball was still in play, it should have been a foul, it doesn't matter if he has lost possession. See Stirling's the other night in Madrid, he wouldn't have got the ball before it went out. Being in the Stanno Stand I was a bit far away but was expecting a corner or penalty to be given as there didn't appear to be a ricochet between the players.

After the five added on at Portsmouth for no apparent reason the other night it was typical only four was added on today. The ref spent most of the second half pointing at his watch when Law and Taylor were having a go at him for time wasting by the keeper and subs among others. In the end he neither punished them to hurry them up or added on a sufficient amount of time.

Red Devon

A valuable point gained.....Standard lacklustre opening 45 minutes there’s been far too many of them lately....Dickenson put over some decent balls first half but we didn’t have a striker on the pitch desperate enough for a goal to throw themselves at any of them....much much better once Richardson came on running at them with pace and energy Lee Martin also added a bag load of energy to help lift the crowd and performance.... Jake was decent throughout always looking for a pass and getting a few shots off he deserved better luck with that header early in the second half....though Bowman was practically invisible apart from the last 10 minutes a shadow of the player we were seeing this time last year....absolutely outstanding save from Ward early on in the first half.....credit to Crawley they move the ball very well with some quick pacey player....swap Moxey for Parkes and start with the side that finished on Tuesday

STURTZ

STURTZ you're joking right? In the unlikely event that you're not, the fact that Williams had "lost the ball" doesnt mean its not a penalty. The ball was still in play by the byline when Williams was clearly tripped; that was a pen.
No, I was right beside the incident, had a clear view and there were a lot of heads shaking in the crowd, Williams went down easy, he could have stayed on his feet but ensured there was contact with the goalie and fell over.

Arthur Davey

So was I. Me & mybuay both adamant he'd caught him.
Yems was surprised it wasn't given.

PeteUSA

No, I was right beside the incident, had a clear view and there were a lot of heads shaking in the crowd, Williams went down easy, he could have stayed on his feet but ensured there was contact with the goalie and fell over.

"With the goalie"? The keeper was nowhere near the incident!

Macca

What you smoking Sturtz? It was the defender

STURTZ

O. K. Say it as you saw it, I was meters away {How could Yems have seen it from where he was?) and don't think it was a pen. Course I shouted for a foul, which City fan wouldn't but wasn't surprised it wasn't given.

dontpassback

John yems has given a very good post match interview on the Crawley website,with his normal humour and banter,I don’t think the Crawley interviewer quite knew what to make of it !

Bittners a Legend

John Yems clearly still with a lot of affection for us .

I thought it was a poor performance today for at least the first hour but at least we got something from it. Win on Tuesday and we'll be in a very good place. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Parkes come back on Tuesday - defence got opened up too easily on a few occasions and Deano very sloppy more than once.