• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Charlton Athletic Matchday thread.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Half a job done.Score early and send everyone to sleep.Yet another average team visiting Devon and its rare for us to go in ahead at halftime.I said we would probably win, but we have to be careful in the next 15 minutes, Charlton will come out fired up.
I'm pretty sure that's the earliest goal we've scored at home this season. Hopefully one of our resident stattos will be on hand to tell us the last time we scored in the first 10 minutes at home.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have 11 players (including Mr OG) all scored one goal.

Mid Devon Grecian

Big 45 coming up. We’ve got the wind behind us, Charlton didn’t manage the wind well, lots of over hit balls.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Purrington clears off the line. Half time
I went off for a **** and was stood right on the corner at the front and it was over the line, big let off.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Knocking the ball into the box from a corner?
Never catch on.

Bridgy 81

I couldn't see from my screen whether their late effort crossed the line or not, but it was a good intervention by Purrington anyway.
And I'm not sure why the referee even felt the need to add on the extra minute, unless it was for our goal celebrations.
If so I suppose he must add on a minute for every goal scored in all the matches he officiates (not).
Plus their goal strike was even beyond the minute.
Not that I was watching the clock!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm pretty sure that's the earliest goal we've scored at home this season. Hopefully one of our resident stattos will be on hand to tell us the last time we scored in the first 10 minutes at home.
RD have just confirmed that you are correct
I went off for a **** and was stood right on the corner at the front and it was over the line, big let off.
He
Watching on iFollow but yes I thought the ref was going to give it good we don’t have goal line technology at this level

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh sweet Jesus they showed the “off the line “from a side camera on Charlton tv - it’s about a foot over the line !

cambmike

I couldn't see from my screen whether their late effort crossed the line or not, but it was a good intervention by Purrington anyway.
And I'm not sure why the referee even felt the need to add on the extra minute, unless it was for our goal celebrations.
If so I suppose he must add on a minute for every goal scored in all the matches he officiates (not).
Plus their goal strike was even beyond the minute.
Not that I was watching the clock!
1 minute extra for a goal is standard

Bridgy 81

Oh sweet Jesus they showed the “off the line “from a side camera on Charlton tv - it’s about a foot over the line !
Well you can guarantee they'll make sure the ref is aware of that - so watch out for some 'away' decisions in the second half.
Mind you if it was in it equals the score for Aimson's ludicrous ref card at their place.