• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Charlton Athletic Matchday thread.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
OK. We'll agree to disagree there. Couple of those were mishit scuffs, he also overhit 2 out for a throw in when he had men to pick our.

He played well, but there were no 'top draw' balls played.
there was. the pass/cut back 2nd half was absolutely brilliant play, it was on a plate for the on rushing player (i’m not sure who it was).

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
And how long has he been here and he waits until now to decide to play? Just hasn’t done enough for me, same as the rest of the loans/short contracts. Woods is the only one we should look to keep, the rest I’d sack off now if we could, they’re not helping us out one bit (Sinisalo excepted). Eisa especially is a complete and utter waste - has he ever looked remotely interested since being given a shirt?
Eisa’s performance off the bench today screamed get me out of here….

Today is the first time i’ve really taken notice of Wildshut but i genuinely thought he was superb…i couldn’t believe he was subbed off.

Woods was very good and would be a fine signing if it was possible.

Antony Moxey

Eisa’s performance off the bench today screamed get me out of here….

Today is the first time i’ve really taken notice of Wildshut but i genuinely thought he was superb…i couldn’t believe he was subbed off.

Woods was very good and would be a fine signing if it was possible.
Yep, genuinely hope when his loan’s up we say to Eisa thanks but no thanks - I wouldn’t bother with him if he played for free. I too was disappointed that Widschutt was subbed, but other than today we’ve just not seen a performance like that often enough. I’d be surprised if he’s here next season. We so need a Woods or similar, there’s no-one else at the club who plays the role he does. No idea what he’s on wages-wise, but we really ought to look to make his stay here permanent.

grecIAN Harris

I know we're probably talking about a better standard of full back today but against Burton he made Jake Caprice look absolutely silly during the first half.

Antony Moxey

I know we're probably talking about a better standard of full back today but against Burton he made Jake Caprice look absolutely silly during the first half.
Indeed he did. Until he ran out of steam not that far into the game.

manc grecian

First 10 mins then nothing for the rest of the half

It really isn't. We should be five points clear of Charlton. They weren't very clever. They overhit most every cross field lump they hit and we were comfortable in dealing with them.

Look at their forwards: May and Kanu start. Ladapo and Aneke on the bench and Wickham injured. Wonder how much in wages that lot cost. Competing with that is so difficult for us and solving the problem for next season won't be easy either. Let's not pretend otherwise.

grecIAN Harris

Indeed he did. Until he ran out of steam not that far into the game.
Hence what I said to Credy earlier about him being like a meteor.

Bridgy 81

Look at their forwards: May and Kanu start. Ladapo and Aneke on the bench and Wickham injured. Wonder how much in wages that lot cost. Competing with that is so difficult for us and solving the problem for next season won't be easy either. Let's not pretend otherwise.
Agreed.
That’s why, in my opinion, Charlton have done badly this season and more importantly we’ve done well 🙂