• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Charlton 29 Mar 24 Prediction/Discussion Thread

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The player involved, Alfie May, has a reputation for gamesmanship and this wasn't the first time we've fallen foul of his antics.
Well I'm just glad such a rotter doesn't play in our colours

dontpassback

I don’t normally wish bad luck on footballers,but in his case I hope he gets sent off,cheating clown !

Bridgy 81

The player involved, Alfie May, has a reputation for gamesmanship and this wasn't the first time we've fallen foul of his antics.
I assume ref’s watch replays of incidents they’ve adjudicated on (especially the contentious ones) as part of their review of their performance after each match.
And I imagine some scenarios are also analysed when they have their periodic get-togethers.
It seems quite common to me that some players have reputations as ‘hard men’ so are carded for transgressions that others frequently get away with.
But the players who clearly make a habit of simulation to get free kicks/penalties or opponents punished seem to start with a clean slate in the official’s minds every game.
Strange.

JW57++

It was a terrible refs decision. Nothing to do with the player. Players play act all over the country every weekend rolling around like they've been shot only to quickly get up and get on when they realise everyone, including the ref and their own players, is ignoring them.
It had everything to do with the player. Just because players all over the country cheat, doesn’t make it right. People should be responsible for their own behaviour - not shift responsibility on to someone else. 😇

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not feeling at all confident about this one.

2-1 defeat.

Gary Caldwell sent to the stands

STURTZ

It all depends on who is up for this game.
I'd like us to win as it would put us 5 points clear of Charlton and in with a chance of breaking into that group of teams currently on 50 points. Most of all I want to catch Bris Rovers and I think that is doable.
City 2 Charlton 1.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the pressure is off a bit now so we should be able to relax and play our stuff.

2-2.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I'm just glad such a rotter doesn't play in our colours
Charlton play in Red and White so he sort of does.

JGrecian23

Time for Caldwell to take the handbrake off if he knows how. 3-2 win and I might get on board the Caldwell love train!

grecIAN Harris

Do we know how many we're expecting down from Sarf London on Friday?