• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd matchday thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big Game today for all the wrong reasons
Come on City give us something to cheer
1-0 City Reece Cole with the goal

UTC

thermopylai

Big game for two poor teams. Both desperately need the win and will go for it, a game of numerous chances, 90 mins of breathless, end to end attacking.

Unfortunately both teams are cr*p.

0-0.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Carlisle have a cracking record over the years at SJP and will be roared on by 500 today hoping for a start of a new era. However, a Cole pen and a later Harris volley gives us a 2-1 win

JW57++

A draw will take us out of the relegation zone as Reading are not playing today. A win might begin the surge up the table. I might even turn into an optimist.

Stelios

Don’t know if it’s the nice crisp sunny weather but feeling very positive about today. A nervy win. Not interested in a ‘battling draw’

Carlisle have a cracking record over the years at SJP and will be roared on by 500 today hoping for a start of a new era. However, a Cole pen and a later Harris volley gives us a 2-1 win
They’ve only one once in last 11 at SJP, with that coming in 2017 just before the play off semis. All this points towards a 0-1 win for Carlisle

StudentGrecian

I can only see two options 0-0 bore draw or Carlisle to win convincingly. Depends on how their new signings integrate.

Either way I think we'll see SJP turn in full force for the first time today.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hoping for a nice birthday present from the bauys today. UTC.

Red red

Looking forward to seeing us win!

Preview

Let’s hope the ref has some simplify after his last visit

David Treharne

For a change it's bright and sunny, though somewhat chilly at the moment at 4c. The wind is NW and only blowing very gently. It should warm up later in the day. although with the wind direction (and the fact that it looks as though it's going to go round to NNW, makes 7-8 look to be the highest temperature arounfd 13:00. The obvious talking point this week has been the rain, we had 2mm yesterday, but this week was not only the wettest since I started doing this, but also had the day with the highest rainfall I've recorded, a thumping 42mm on Thursday. The pitch looks good, but whether it'll hold up remains to be seen, The bottom of the garden is as sodden as I can remember, and it drains towards SJP.
I'm not going to the Trust hustings. I shall vote for those who offer change (not revolution) and who are prepared to allow external scrutiny ogf the organisation as a whole - which will be expensive, but in my mind worthwhile. Also, if you're in any doubt, I think the current Manager should go. The result today? A total lottery.
Update at 13:00.