• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Burnley 2013–14 Under-21 Premier League Cup March 4th KO 7pm

dsr-burnley

You make Burnley sound an absolute darling of a place!!!!

and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-112739/BNP-wins-seat-Burnley.html
I'm completely at a loss as to why you've posted a 12 year old news report. No-one's denying that the BNP used to have a significant presence on Burnley council.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I enjoyed the football and I am, of course disappointed at the result. I do think "time wasting" is not really what it is about though, it 's more about disrupting our team's rhythm and slowing the pace of the game, and I suppose that can be done within the rules anyway. Everybody who played was a young professional and as such they are obliged to do the best they can to win. Clearly just trying to match City' team at football was not going to be enough, hence they resort to as much of that disruption as possible, and hope they get lucky (which they did) - you can't expect them to roll over. However I do agree that match officials should do more - for example - one yellow for their keeper, would he have been brave enough to give a second - I doubt it!
Exhausted mate, I'M SURE WITHOUT MEANING to , your understanding and sort of justifying that professionals are obliged to resort to any means possible to win, cant go with that mate in any form, so say disrupting dont work, but boundaries have been well and truly broken whats next , kicking the **** out of opposition, nah mate. The clubs and coach's should be making the players play the game in the right way.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
exhausted mate, i'm sure without meaning to , your understanding and sort of justifying that professionals are obliged to resort to any means possible to win, cant go with that mate in any form, so say disrupting dont work, but boundaries have been well and truly broken whats next , kicking the **** out of opposition, nah mate. The clubs and coach's should be making the players play the game in the right way.
juga bonito jugo bonito juga bonito jugo bonito juga bonito jugo bonito juga bonito jugo bonito juga bonito jugo bonito juga bonito

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm completely at a loss as to why you've posted a 12 year old news report. No-one's denying that the BNP used to have a significant presence on Burnley council.
Yep I was just looking at the date on top of the article and it was giving todays date as opposed to the date the article was written. As for burnley I had a school mate from there who was a big fan steve taylor a groundsman heard of him? so i was well up to visit and thought that 4 the main part It was quite a pretty town but opposing that i've never come a x such out right open racism ANYWHERE in the uk. But anyways onwards with football.

Last edited:

exehausted2

007 first of all I really appreciate the way you make your point, in the same way you want to like the way City teams make their points as it were. You're right I don't intend to justify that stuff but but it is an inevitable consequence of professionalism. However I also believe said that match officials should do more.
Just a thought, why are some forms of cheating generally felt to be worse than others? If you shuffle forward 10 yards for a throw-in and a goal results why is that not as bad as diving for a penalty?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if it's been posted anywhere but there that disgraceful Burnley under 21 side were knocked out of the U21 Premier League Cup last week after losing 3-2 against Manchester City.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/under-21-premier-league-cup-fixtures-and-results-2013-14.html

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/manchester-city-3-2-burnley-010414-1461390.aspx

It will be a 2 legged Manchester City vs Reading final.