• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter city V Brentford JPT Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
also havent sung que sera etc for too long.
I remember Bristol Rovers fans singing it in the last round!

mole221

also havent sung que sera etc for too long.

come on.
I remember singing it wheen Uddersfield scored their fourth :p

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
I hope and pray that the wind has died down by this evening, both for the sake of football and for the Stanno flag.

David Treharne

The 24 hours to 10.00 this morning have been dismal for weather, and will have done nothing to dry out the already leaden pitch. We had 4mm of rain in the 24 hours, most of it in the form of drizzle, with a strong to very strong south westerly wind. Overnight minimum was 4c and yesterday's high was 12c, though you'd never have guessed it because of the strength of the wind.. In the last hour the sun has made a watery appearance, but there's till 80% cloud cover and a very strong wind. Barometer ominously unmoving, so unless something happens in the next 7 or so hours the conditions will be pretty similar to Saturday's....not an attractive prospect!

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
The 24 hours to 10.00 this morning have been dismal for weather, and will have done nothing to dry out the already leaden pitch. We had 4mm of rain in the 24 hours, most of it in the form of drizzle, with a strong to very strong south westerly wind. Overnight minimum was 4c and yesterday's high was 12c, though you'd never have guessed it because of the strength of the wind.. In the last hour the sun has made a watery appearance, but there's till 80% cloud cover and a very strong wind. Barometer ominously unmoving, so unless something happens in the next 7 or so hours the conditions will be pretty similar to Saturday's....not an attractive prospect!

Looking at my met station, there is a ridge of high pressure due to topple over the country tonight with winds falling lighter and temperatures dropping near to freezing before more wind/rain moves in from the Atlantic tomorrow. I just hope the "lull" comes in time.

Last edited:

David Treharne

Excellent post Reggie- and how accurate it looks as though your sea-weedy prediction might be. The wind has dropped during the last couple of hours (NOW 3-4) and the 70% cloud cover has allowed some brief glimpses of sun. The barometer has started to rise which suggests that the rest of the prediction might be about to come to pass as well. Let's hope so. However, I don't think the brief respite will do much for the state of the pitch.

ecfc2000

I'll go for an Exeter win, 3-1.

stuartsdog

2-1 exeter
come on you redsssssssssssss

Jaffacake

Really getting geared up for this match! I know our current form hasn't exactly been great but I still feel more confident every season we play!

Were 90 minutes away from a possible THIRD trip to Wembley!? 5 years ago I would of laughed at the concept!

COMON' YOOOOOOOU REEEEEEEDSSSS!!!

and COMON' TO THE CITY FAITHFUL! make yourself heard!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really tight game. I'll go for 3-2 City

Tisdale sent to the stands.