• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Ladies FC 2010/11

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

How to score a cracking long range goal - Courtesy of the ladies team.

(Was it a cross though ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdPUbF1ZUw

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, here we go then. The first league game of the new season, sees City Ladies playing host to Charlestown. We are missing 5 key players, but am sure this will still be an entertaining game. The girls will be wearing their new kit, which has been sponsored by ALS Motor Parts, many thanks to them.

Why not pop along and give the girls some support.

Kick off is 2pm at Topsham Town FC. It's a lovely set up at Topsham, with a Social Club, and teas and coffees being served for those who would prefer a non alcoholic beverage.

Grecian1966

So, here we go then. The first league game of the new season, sees City Ladies playing host to Charlestown. We are missing 5 key players, but am sure this will still be an entertaining game. The girls will be wearing their new kit, which has been sponsored by ALS Motor Parts, many thanks to them.
QUOTE]

I thought the Trust were the shirt sponsors?

Fred

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
QUOTE]

I thought the Trust were the shirt sponsors?

Fred
They were, but when the ladies got promoted it was decided that it would be better for them to have the same kit as the lads, therefore sponsorship was required. ALS Motor Parts showed keen interest in this.

Grecian1966

They were, but when the ladies got promoted it was decided that it would be better for them to have the same kit as the lads, therefore sponsorship was required. ALS Motor Parts showed keen interest in this.
I've no idea if the Trust could have afforded it but I would like to have thought they would have been asked if they were interested given they have supported the ladies (when others perhaps wouldn't) for the past two years?

Fred

Kingsman

I've no idea if the Trust could have afforded it but I would like to have thought they would have been asked if they were interested given they have supported the ladies (when others perhaps wouldn't) for the past two years?

Fred
As the Ladies are part of the club surely this is up to the Commercial department to have sorted this out.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
How to score a cracking long range goal
What, put a short ass girlie in goal ?

Kingsman

Thats a bit mean. LOl!!

Grecian1966

As the Ladies are part of the club surely this is up to the Commercial department to have sorted this out.
Not sure the Ladies are 'part of the club' are they? I thought they were self financing and arms length?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Ladies won 3-1 today, in their first game of the league. It was a good game, and there was plenty of times when our girls were completely dominating the game, leaving the defence and Bella in goal with nothing much to do. Charlestown were also promoted into this league, this year.
Scorers were, Josie Copp, Nat Shenton and Helen Kukor. IMO Helen got Player of the Match, she just kept at it and never stopped.

Well done ladies, and thanks to all that turned up, was a good turnout.