• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Fc v Swindon Town Matchday Thread

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
^
I have a bad feeling we will be down in League 2 for a while if the Paul Trollope rumours are true.....that will hit season ticket sales and we'll struggle to shift 4k.
Makes me realise how good "Paul Tisdale" really is!!!:-#

Swindon

Makes me realise how good "Paul Tisdale" really is!!!:-#
Is it fair to say you lot will get fed up with him if you have a similar season next time around?

David Treharne

Quite a lot of your 'fans' seem to think that they understand the apparent malaise. Even allowing for the disappointment of the performance and the defeat some of the comments here:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/8940323.Hart_slams_performance/

are pretty full on- and seem to permeate throughout the whole of the organisation of the Club. It'd be interested to know your view - even if this is WOWS- because there are some of us on this forum who were posting during season 2002-2003, which was our dismal low point.

dommers

Is it fair to say you lot will get fed up with him if you have a similar season next time around?
Some already are. I for one will be delighted if we are mid table in league one for the next 2-3 seasons

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You want to try ExeWeb even when we've only lost a couple on the spin mate ^o)

Had we gone from Wembley to 23rd in just 39 games this place would be producing more useless heat and light than a Japanese reactor!

Seriously though - credit for coming on here and facing the music and good luck for the rest of the season. I'm sure MANY of us will be rooting for you to at least ensure the HATED SCUM finish bottom of the pack! [y]

Oh, and PS: "Big Kev" DIDN'T get us, did he? ;)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well it was nice to finally see City win at home at last. It was also nice to see arelatively entertaining game of football for a change aswell instead of the dross that has been served up on my last three visits.

Swindon

Quite a lot of your 'fans' seem to think that they understand the apparent malaise. Even allowing for the disappointment of the performance and the defeat some of the comments here:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/8940323.Hart_slams_performance/

are pretty full on- and seem to permeate throughout the whole of the organisation of the Club. It'd be interested to know your view - even if this is WOWS- because there are some of us on this forum who were posting during season 2002-2003, which was our dismal low point.
That site has a reputation for being full of mongs but the views under that article is how everyone is feeling right now.

This is the best the club has been run for years, probably for decades.

We nearly went bust when the chairman (Fitton) and others took over in 2008, very dark days and we are lucky to be run well now. However, where Fitton was the 'hero' when he took over, he is now a bit of a laughing stock and a scape goat. Mainly because 1) he wouldn't discuss a new deal till October with our captain Gordon Greer who wanted to stay, and he was then sold to Brighton for £250k. And 2) because he didn't get rid of Wilson earlier. He places a lot of emphasis on bring in youngters and selling them on, and some believe Wilsons hands were tied. Also rumours he likes to have a say in selecting the team.

Fitton also gets blamed for Paynter/Austin going but I don't think he had much choice, Paynter was tapped up by Leeds before the end of last season and Austin wanted to leave. Austin seems a troubled lad and plenty of rumours were doing the rounds about him, he's thrown a bit of abuse at Swindon fans (and forum) today on twitter who put one of these rumours too him.

Not replacing Greer/Paynter/Austin has been the main problem and not really the chairmans fault, but now Wilson has left he is getting the abuse for it. A few say we didn't replace Danny Ward but that is easier said than done and Matt Ritchie has done ok.

There's a real dissapointment amongst the fans, many have given up and lost the buzz for it which is worrying when they have been going for years. Season ticket sales are going to struggle, and many won't be happy unless a big name is appointed (I doubt it).

So basically, all well off the pitch in terms of how the club is run, but all gone wrong on the pitch. Fitton and co have done extremely well but have now undone all their hardwork. I think Fitton will walk away, as he threatened too after the play off final.

Last edited:

Swindon

You want to try ExeWeb even when we've only lost a couple on the spin mate ^o)

Had we gone from Wembley to 23rd in just 39 games this place would be producing more useless heat and light than a Japanese reactor!

Seriously though - credit for coming on here and facing the music and good luck for the rest of the season. I'm sure MANY of us will be rooting for you to at least ensure the HATED SCUM finish bottom of the pack! [y]

Oh, and PS: "Big Kev" DIDN'T get us, did he? ;)
All fans are fickle.

Cheers. Good luck for the rest of the season and the next. We may be back in 2012/13.....

Admittedly Big Kev didn't, but you must felt honoured to have seen the great man in action?

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Christian Roberts biography was very interesting in his comments on the different mangers he had at Swindon during his time (there were a few of them!).

Swindon

The Christian Roberts biography was very interesting in his comments on the different mangers he had at Swindon during his time (there were a few of them!).
A decent read, he didn't like Maurice Malpas did he?! That man is useless, the worst manager I have seen here.

Some interesting tales of his drink problems, he must have loved playing under Andy King who let him get away with murder.

Was Roberts good for you lot? always had talent that boy and it's a shame how he ended up.