• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Fc v Swindon Town Matchday Thread

pct333

Comedy moment of the game, which almost led to another goal for us :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcK_Wbl709s

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Elliot Benyon - personally I thought he was a notably insignificant figure in a generally unimpressive team.

crocks

Interestingly, the Swindon commentators (who were excellent - I think that one of them lives in Topsham so knows the City team) were criticising their defence for playing pitty patty football at the back and then losing it in dangerous positions (sound familiar?). They were urging the team to get it forward quickly and maybe win a throw in or free kick in an attacking position.

STURTZ

Actually a very enjoyable game for me, helped, of course by the fact that we won!

Swindon played a bit like us, passing the ball around from the back but their moves tended to break down in midfield where, I thought, Dunney was outstanding in the effort he put in, played some nice passes as well.

Both teams had little cutting edge and the only real chance of the game had to be Harley's winning penalty.

Apart from a first minute near disaster Billy played O.K. as did Duffy, I'll be pleased to have Tulls and Gollum back as full as wing backs though.

Staying up!

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Took a long time to get going, but that was down to Swindon's organisation and the fact that both teams lined up 4-4-2, but played narrow. Harley and Cureton worked well together and some of the passing was superb. Billy Jones looked no better at left back than at cenner half. Great save from Hamer and until the penalty award it was headed for a 0-0. Harley was never going to miss.

Good to see Scot Bennett getting a run out. I was very impressed with the Swindon No. 2 Cuthbert, perhaps the two of them will be playing in the same defence next season?

Oldsmobile-88

A decent crowd...The butt end of the season,a Tuesday evening,Uninspiring home form,350 ish from Swindon.So to get over 4,100 was incredible...

Last edited:

arthur

Those who say that Tully is past it, out of his depth at this level or whatever should see how the team performs without him in it...

Alistair20000

You decide ;)
Very happy to accept the ref's decision on this one ! :)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
A decent crowd...The butt end of the season,a Tuesday evening,Uninspiring home form,350 ish from Swindon.So to get over 4,100 was incredible...
Fortunately I don't think there are too many left in the 'Tully bashing' camp. We always miss his pace and the width he gives us when he was out, but I thought yesterday Duffy did OK at RB and Sercs and Cureton did a fairly good job of working that channel, particularly second half.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think that Duffy is really comfortable at full back. Cenner half or ideally right side of three in the middle, that's another story.