• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City F.C. V Hartlepool F.A. CUP discussion thread

GJW

I think we’ll win 2-0. Attendance 4327. Unfortunately won’t be able to make this one.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The crowd number will be hard to guess.
A similar Sunday FAC 2nd round game against Port Vale in 2015 attracted 3,600.

IndoMike

The crowd number will be hard to guess.
A similar Sunday FAC 2nd round game against Port Vale in 2015 attracted 3,600.
Sounds about right. Whilst it"s a long trip for their fans it's also a big day out for them, and who wouldn't want to get our of Hartlepool for a day and come to the best City in da world?

exeter-loyal

Probably best to wait until we've beaten Hartlepool before we discuss this but if we do get through I would like the lowest ranked team left at home so we have a chance of getting through to the fourth round for the first time in 39 years.
I hope we wouldn't lose that one if that was too happen!!

Ian Russon

We'll win this with our eyes closed. This is the new era Exeter City, we won't even have to try to knock 4 past Hartlepool.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Early Xmas present? Hospitality available

Legohead

Banned
Early Xmas present? Hospitality available

I think this is superb value. Well done to the club for that.

As for the game, we should really be beating them but we must take nothing for granted and recognize that on any given day in a football match, anyone can beat anyone (generally speaking). We have a better squad than them. We have a better manager than them and we are at home so it's all in our favour.

Also why has the Pools badge changed to a gold circle with a stag in the middle? I don't see any connection between the area up there and stags but i'm sure there must be one.

Spoonz Red E

I think this is superb value. Well done to the club for that.

As for the game, we should really be beating them but we must take nothing for granted and recognize that on any given day in a football match, anyone can beat anyone (generally speaking). We have a better squad than them. We have a better manager than them and we are at home so it's all in our favour.

Also why has the Pools badge changed to a gold circle with a stag in the middle? I don't see any connection between the area up there and stags but i'm sure there must be one.
The 'Hart' in Hartlepool is an old word for deer/stag.

Colesman Ballz

The 'Hart' in Hartlepool is an old word for deer/stag.
I suppose it was deemed less offensive than including a monkey suspended by its neck.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we don't play the strongest squad we have I'll be very annoyed. Round 3 is the most important out of all the rounds IMO. Would love a good tie in the 4th, however realistically well probably end up with Blackpool away or some rubbish.
Seeing as there only seem to be about 3 players that people agree are our best for any position, I think there'd be a lot of disagreement over what our strongest side is.
Love it that we're playing on Sunday.