• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City boss Paul Tisdale predicts no new signings in the summer....

grecianboyy

Exeter City manager Paul Tisdale has predicted that the club will not be able to make any new signings in the summer because of financial constraints.

Giving a talk to supporters group the North Devon Grecians, Tisdale said: “It’s a business, an economic cycle.”

“We are looking 18 months into the future with our squads and our budgets. Most clubs don’t look 18 days.

“I don’t think we’ll make a signing this summer because we won’t be able to afford to. That’s the reality.

Read more: http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-boss-Paul-Tisdale-predicts-new/story-21006358-detail/story.html#ixzz2zo5ifKVe

grecianboyy

In for a great summer then!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure if you chipped in half a million we MAY sign someone.

grecianboyy

I would say let's all have a reach around but there aren't that many people left who are interested :( aha

Red Monster

That makes no sense at all all release Butterfield,Woodman,Oakley,O'Flynn,Parkin,Gill,Davies,and Chamberlain and bring in 3/5 players who
have something to prove,they'll be plenty of choice.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I'm sure if you chipped in half a million we MAY sign someone.
the first £300k would be to tell Tisdale to sling his hook. His replacement could have the other £200k depending who it is.

Seriously you are missing the point. Say we end up £200k down due to less crowd income following our home displays the clubs response seems to be "well lets just lop that off the playing budget without looking at off field costs, and hopefully we will magically start winning at home with the same manager and players minus a few cast offs". it didn't work this season or the one before did it?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely he means he won't be paying any money for anyone this summer?

You don't need money to release players and sign others on a free.

AndyR

Just read the article. What total tosh. As has been pointed out, get rid of some players (and back room staff) and make money available for new signings.

I loved the bit about the Premiership. I'm afraid the pronouncements from our Manager are getting increasingly worrying......

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
That makes no sense at all all release Butterfield,Woodman,Oakley,O'Flynn,Parkin,Gill,Davies,and Chamberlain and bring in 3/5 players who
have something to prove,there'll be plenty of choice.
You ain't the only one.

To paraphrase you, simply get rid of the 'over the hill gang' and replace them with younger and possibly cheaper options.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
“We are a selling club. The money we get, every penny goes back into football.”
Really? Not into the playing side then?

“If I could have kept all those players, we would be on the verge of the Premier League now,” he said. “There was no way we could keep that team together. You had players playing at the top end of League One on Conference wages.”
The bloke truly has lost the plot and who is he trying to kid that all the players were on conference wages when we were in League 1. They all got a nice pay rise when we were promoted. Who's he trying to kid that player's like Harley/Matty T, Marcus Stewart etc were only earning £200-300 a week in the second season and if that really is the case then how the hell could he justify his 3 grand a week wages when his team were only 10% of that. Oh look there's that flying pig.