• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v WBA AFC FA Cup 3rd round proper. AD. 06/1/2018.Official Matchday Th

Lenny

I sometimes help with the clear up on the Bank after games. Today seemed a good day to hang back and help, with congestion and extra mess etc. However the stewards now seem to have a sweep across the terrace , and insist on you leaving. Some actually got into arguments over it. Last time I actually managed to litter pick had to convince the steward why I had not vacated. No bags today either. I fully understand that they have a job to do, but has nobody explained how we run? Usually a strong gang stay and help.

If policy has changed and security demands everybody leave quickly, fair enough. Would be a shame because it must help the staff. Not a massive thing I know, but has been a feature for years.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Know everyone's Fed up at the moment, but can't believe people are giving out about getting beat by a prem side...
It's not the fact we got beat (never in doubt)

It's the way we approached it - bear in mind this is a side who haven't won in 20+ games & would be low on confidence regardless of premier league ability.

Positive spin

I was decidedly unimpressed with Stockley. Quite apart from the time when it looked easier to score, I thought he was very poor. If Tisdale paid a big fee for him, I fear he was conned. I'd have much rather had Reid in there today instead of him.
Totally disagree.
I took an Albion supporter to the game and he was really impressed with Stockley in particular how many times he won the ball in the air.
Just shows how actually being at a game can give you a totally different slant on a game as opposed to watching on the box.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally disagree.
I took an Albion supporter to the game and he was really impressed with Stockley in particular how many times he won the ball in the air.
Just shows how actually being at a game can give you a totally different slant on a game as opposed to watching on the box.
Totally agree one of his best all round performances since returning to the Club. Now Tisdale needs to sign a pacey wide man asap who can put crosses into the box he can attack and convert and prove to his detractors that he can score goals regularly.

Colesman Ballz

We certainly made a game of it that’s for sure, the introduction of Holmes seemed to lift our performance up a couple of levels such a valuable player for us.....agree with Tisdale that Harley looked a premier league player today passsed it around with quality all afternoon, Stockley too was a real handful for the WBA defence...the downside of the game was once again an over cautious first 45 minutes....what really showed up though was that Sweeney is no right back despite his whole hearted commitment and Tilson really doesn’t cut it in center midfield either but I think we knew all that already.
I really felt sorry for Sweeney today, Brunt was taking him on at every opportunity, and yet Taylor was nowhere to be seen, and not getting back to help him out. They really exploited the full width of the pitch, which led to our back four being stretched, with insufficient help from the midfield tracking back. In some respects I think we would have been better served deploying three at the back with wingbacks to counter the threat. Trouble is my view counts for nothing, I am just another paying customer to Tis !

CC

I really felt sorry for Sweeney today, Brunt was taking him on at every opportunity, and yet Taylor was nowhere to be seen, and not getting back to help him out. They really exploited the full width of the pitch, which led to our back four being stretched, with insufficient help from the midfield tracking back. In some respects I think we would have been better served deploying three at the back with wingbacks to counter the threat. Trouble is my view counts for nothing, I am just another paying customer to Tis !
I did agree with this, but then I realised I'd been thinking about it for 2 hours so it was time for me to stop caring...

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeney is no right back despite his whole hearted commitment
If you want to test whether someone can play right back at league 2 level, you're better off watching them against league 2 sides. Sweeney's been decent enough for us.

Red Devon

I really felt sorry for Sweeney today, Brunt was taking him on at every opportunity, and yet Taylor was nowhere to be seen, and not getting back to help him out.
The players all have their own jobs to do you can’t blame Taylor for Sweeney not doing his!

Put Sweeney in CD which is his position!

Red Devon

If you want to test whether someone can play right back at league 2 level, you're better off watching them against league 2 sides. Sweeney's been decent enough for us.
No he hasn’t...he’s toast for anyone with pace the Yeovil left winger proved that.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've been a bit ropey of late in general. Over the whole half-season he hasn't been bad.