• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v MK Dons Official Match Day Thread. 2 Feb 2019

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought there were too many chants aimed at Wheeler and Harley. Both of them left us on goodish terms so no need to be so vitriolic. IMO.
Though both did great work for us today in being utterly carp.
Aye..Both good servants to the Grecians,and could not understand why they were booed,especially from the Stagecoach Stand,I was ticked off by my better half for my language in calling the dissenters a vulgar term used as slang for the female genitalia :D:D...But who cares,the most satisfying win of the season for me.

dontpassback

Excellent football from city,apart from start of second half,City ontrolled the game,Nicky law is a great signing and links up the play really well,the whole team played well with lee Martin and woody linking well,jake Taylor played better than he has for some time and if we can keep the momentum going we will finish strongly!(clap)

Xavi

That was a fantastic performance from the whole team. Matt Taylor really does know a quality player from those who can’t play. The future looks very bright indeed.

When I posted on here earlier in the season, I made my view clear that Tilson was hopeless and wouldn’t ever be a regular under MT, Lee Martin is a class footballer with great movement off the ball, and Croll was still learning and often made the wrong decisions. It really was amusing how many disagreed at the time, but thankfully it appears as MT has similar views to me and we can look forward to more better football than we’ve seen for a long time.

A mention on here from me for Archie Collins too (I commented on his ability on Twitter after Yeovil match), he’s real quality, the most complete young midfielder I’ve seen at the club in over 30 years. Matt Grimes was special in moments but Archie controls the tempo throughout the game, the type of player we havent had since Matt Gill in his prime. He’ll continue to improve too.

denzil

Interestingly Tis had a bodyguard for this game that he paid for himself. He stood by the green wheelie bin immediately behind where Tis took his place on the away side. Is/was that arrogance of Tisdale's part or a good precaution ? I'd have liked to think that our own stewards would have protected the poor man.

Apart from that WELL DONE CITY AND MT - SMASHING PERFORMANCES !!!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Before today I was unsure about Forte, but I thought he was outstanding and looked absolutely shattered at the end.

Everyone was brilliant. O’Shea gets better each game and you can see why Martin can’t get in front of him. Taylor looks like his old self again and Law was utterly superb. Love Lee Martin’s running although he did lose the ball a few too many times, but he still had a great game all round.

Taylor’s tactics were spot on and MK were dire. Their keeper was so dodgy and Russell Martin was awfully slow at the back. Expected much more from Wheeler and Aneke. Other than the first 10 mins of the second half we were clear winners.

UTC

Ash

What a great game. We were great for the whole match, except that first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, when it looked like they might have enough to get back into it.

No need to boo Harley when he was dubbed I agree, bit Wheels put in 3 poor challenges on Moxey, Collins and someone else and was lucky not to get booked. So maybe a bit of booing was fair enough in the end.

Goodbye Tis, I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing him in the opposing dugout again anytime soon - sacked after missing out on the play offs come the end of the season I reckon. Lol.

Oldsmobile-88

Interestingly Tis had a bodyguard for this game that he paid for himself. He stood by the green wheelie bin immediately behind where Tis took his place on the away side. Is/was that arrogance of Tisdale's part or a good precaution ?
FFS the game was at SJP not in Caracas or Bogata
:D..

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Aye..Both good servants to the Grecians,and could not understand why they were booed,especially from the Stagecoach Stand,I was ticked off by my better half for my language in calling the dissenters a vulgar term used as slang for the female genitalia :D:D...But who cares,the most satisfying win of the season for me.
Are you sure that it wasn't their handful of 'fans' doing that?

IndoMike

Interestingly Tis had a bodyguard for this game that he paid for himself. He stood by the green wheelie bin immediately behind where Tis took his place on the away side. Is/was that arrogance of Tisdale's part or a good precaution ? I'd have liked to think that our own stewards would have protected the poor man.

Apart from that WELL DONE CITY AND MT - SMASHING PERFORMANCES !!!
Bloody drama queen.

denzil

Did anyone , apart from the ref, see the number of times Aneke controlled the ball with his hands ?