• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Chiefs fans (W*nkers)!

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
VT was not place for the faint hearted between 67-71 !!!
I seem to remember that most Exeter schools were rough as hell back then, my brother attended John Stocker pre-merger with St Thomas Girls and he says it was horrendous.
Happy days!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I seem to remember that most Exeter schools were rough as hell back then, my brother attended John Stocker pre-merger with St Thomas Girls and he says it was horrendous.
Happy days!
I started at St Thomas when it first started as mixed. But we had to go over to John Stocker for the boys stuff - woodwork, metalwork, PE, Rugby. After a few weeks someone burnt down the main hall. I don't blame them. We used to have cross over with the 5th year boys on the Cowick Barton fields, many resenting having to stay on an extra year! After the 1st year everything was over at the St Thomas site. My previous county primary school had 70 pupils, a bit of a culture shock!

Pete Martin (CTID)

MY GOD.....Pete, you must have almost been in my class. I called him Mr Cuthbert in my first year....man...he lost it with me!!! I sh*t myself....art teacher and God knows what else.
1960-65 Reg. Cuthbert was my form master in my first year! What an introduction to "senior" school (nobody spoke of high schools back then) old Cuthbert was!

I remember him once going loopy at one quivering victim, pointing to a lad called Geoff Hodgson and saying something like; "Look at him boy! A good looking lad! Funny how I never get much trouble from good looking boys!"

It was only a few years later that I began to realise what may have been behind that comment!!

geoffwp

Never really any problem between Heleans and VTites from what I can remember....but we never faced one another at football in those days.
nah, you are right Reggie. I was just having a 'tin bath' as poult might say! I think we had a much greater rivalry with John Stocker in terms of footy.

elginCity

John Stocker pre-merger with St Thomas Girls and he says it was horrendous.
Yep, the infamous pricklebush initiation for all the new kids. Didn't sleep the night before I started there!

The aforementioned Trevor Harris ruled the roost back then. Went on to prop for Exeter RFC. (Keeping on topic see?)

Pete Martin (CTID)

I think Pete has got a thick ten years on you Reg, Cuthbert was in fact a vampire and hadn't aged at all since the old king was on the throne.
I presume you refer so Sam Medlar?? ;)

Red Monster

Happy days!
NO Priory when it was a all girls School was the hardest !!! ;)

STURTZ

Of course there's an old Heleian school teacher still hanging 'round the Park. My first year form teacher Norman Warne, he didn't like me at all and I still reach for my debit book when I accidentally bump into him at SJP.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Happy days!
Ayre, John Stocker, that was where Snell & Clarke came from.

Oldsmobile-88

The aforementioned Trevor Harris ruled the roost back then. Went on to prop for Exeter RFC. (Keeping on topic see?)
Trevor ran the Devonport Inn, in Fore St as well as The Station pub in St Thomas in the 1990's towards the end of his career with Exeter RFC....