• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter 'characters'

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is a bloke in Credy...
cycles through town making farm animal noises....

Oh and Swanny , do you remeber Wiffer ? crediton drinking legend.
The first guy will do animal sound requests if you collar him in Costcutters.

Don't recall Wiffer I'm afraid. Plastic Ron was a ledge though.

Crediton has more 'characters' than normal citizens. FACT.

Dr Hook

I would pay to see that.
I had to try & explain it away to a couple of Landaners innit. One of them asked me if they put anything in the water in Exmouth.

LOG

Plastic Ron was a ledge though.
I used to work with a girl from out your way whose boyfriend formed a 5 a side team named in Plastic Ron's honour.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Plastic ron! legend....

do do do do do he's dead of course...he looked like mr dead off harry enfield..

oh and lapford dave , hoovers up in the mitre for beer in return thats dedication....

WIFFER! Remeber being in the pub one sunday afternoon , vodka straight was wiffers drink , he picked up one of the lads lemonades who was driving and smashed it back , before the fizz made his false teeth pop out.....:D

Oldsmobile-88

The 2 blokes.One in his 50's the other in his 20's preaching in the High St....They both have more biblical quotes than Dot Cotton...

Oldsmobile-88

There is a bloke in Credy , not an "exeter character" but he is bloody funny....

cycles through town making farm animal noises....
LMAO....

Pronanly the same person who was caught with his trousers down in a pig stye years ago..

Oldsmobile-88

Anyone remember 'Fat Mac'.....I believe he used to live in the Lane & legend has it that he never worked a day in his life(not unusual now,but it was 20 odd years ago)

Mac was a regular at SJP......Long gone now i expect..

Gloria. I can't confirm whether that is her name, but that's what she's known as to me. Very much Exeter's Belle de Jour but black and fat (think Rustie Lee). Apparently, she uses an open umbrella as code of her availability to would-be punters. Never quite understood that though.

Honourable mentions to Lucia, Sausage Man and the guy wot hangs around the supermarkets in the High Street, Charlie I think his name is.

Oldsmobile-88

Gloria. I can't confirm whether that is her name, but that's what she's known as to me. Very much Exeter's Belle de Jour but black and fat (think Rustie Lee). Apparently, she uses an open umbrella as code of her availability to would-be punters. Never quite understood that though.
That might be the same woman who lives in the terrace off York Rd(or used to) She had a blond wig on when i walked past once,smiled & frightened the life out of me.

newburygrecian

A relatively mild one was the guy with the big floppy bowtie who busked by singing showtunes.