• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter 'characters'

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Donna with the mohican & tight leggings.....She frightened the life out of Captain Sensible in the Cavern Club once!..

The girl(well she must be in her 30's) with one crutch & a can of Stella...

Both non-conformists in many ways,but part of the scenery in Exeter..

Jean Jeannie

Donna with the mohican & tight leggings.....She frightened the life out of Captain Sensible in the Cavern Club once!..

The girl(well she must be in her 30's) with one crutch & a can of Stella...

Both non-conformists in many ways,but part of the scenery in Exeter..
She lived next door to me with her parents when I lived in St James. I have an angelic pic of her aged 10 years old at my wedding though you wouldn't know it's her now. She loves her bands does Donna - she didn't understand why I liked MSP so much and would try to influence me to see other stuff though I never did at the time. That's no reflection on her though but more on me being so blinkered.

manc grecian

Have we done the bloke with the spiky hair who walks bolt upright and waves his arms like Harry enfields scousers. Not playing with a full deck but always makes me smile when i see him.

Joshyd123

Have we done the bloke with the spiky hair who walks bolt upright and waves his arms like Harry enfields scousers. Not playing with a full deck but always makes me smile when i see him.
Usually has a can of some sort of cider in his hand aswell.

Cravat

The old lady who sits in the High Street with her little tartan shopping trolley that displays a quote from the bible holding out a piece of paper with more info about, I assume, the Good Lord in her hand has been knocking about for ages. She used to do it with her husband but I'm guessing he's dead now.

I remember two goths trying to set fire to the back of her coat as she pushed her trolley up the high street once. I was on my way over to help her, when some huge bloke saw what was happening and told them he'd knock him into next week if he didn't stop. They stopped.

Cravat

Another one is the guy with the huge hair. Usually see him in Boston Tea Party. The urban legend goes that it was his friend's hair, who left it to him in his will. Now he wears it in his honour...
Is that the guy with the one-time huge ginger, now greying and thinning, afro?

Awful teeth.

We used to call him Valderrama after the legendary Colombian footballer.

edindevon

Does anyone remember a colourful chap known as Billy Outlaw, aka Billy the Bat, who lived in Wonford? He once had "Outlaw" tattooed right across his forehead, before deciding to ink it over with a huge bat. He came up in conversation at the pub the other night, no one seemed sure if he's still alive or not?

Swanaldo

Billy the Bat was alright if you kept the right side of him. I remember he made the front page of the Echo for saving a child from a fire on Chestnut Avenue. I have a feeling he died about ten years ago.

Swanaldo

Have we done the bloke with the spiky hair who walks bolt upright and waves his arms like Harry enfields scousers.
Pigeon man?

Is she the one with the dog called 'c*nt'?