• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter and Nuneaton players

Can any of you think of many players who have played for both clubs?
The only ones we could think of were ones you probably would not even recall (despite being recent)
Jason Percival (did he break into your first team?), goalkeeper Jason Matthews, andy harris and maybe Jason Peake (did he play for you?).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about Percival or Peake. Matthews is an FA Cup hero down our way.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jon Gittens?

Percival played a handful of games for us, under Peter Fox I think

Jon Gittens?

Percival played a handful of games for us, under Peter Fox I think
Forgot about Gittens. I went to school with Percy, so that is only reason I remembered him being with you

Jimmydee

I remember Andy Harris, we signed him from Birmingham i think, an average midfielder.

hienzeECFC

Just out of interest to Town/Boro fans, is this game like a really big deal to you guys? I mean is it likely to be a sell out crowd at your end? Just cuz i seem to remember being impressed watching your lot take on Midboro a few years back and was wondering how playing City ranks to the community? I'd guess its been a while since we've been the giant against the minnow( i dont include Curzon as i have treid to banish it from my memory)

Just out of interest to Town/Boro fans, is this game like a really big deal to you guys? I mean is it likely to be a sell out crowd at your end? Just cuz i seem to remember being impressed watching your lot take on Midboro a few years back and was wondering how playing City ranks to the community? I'd guess its been a while since we've been the giant against the minnow( i dont include Curzon as i have treid to banish it from my memory)
Just Boro fans thanks mate. Many have accepted the club is called Town now, but pretty much everyone still goes down the Boro, supports the Boro and sings about Boro.
And after the sh*t we have been through since Middlesbrough (leaving home ground, being wound up, demoted two divisions and playing at places we had never even heard of - Arlesley anyone?, no didn;t think so) saturday is huge for the rank and file fans, the 800 or so hard core. As for the rest of the town, it is hard to judge, everyone I know is hyped up about it, but living two hours away it is hard to say.

Mike Blackstone

David Pleat has played for both Exeter City and Nuneaton Borough (where he was player-manager).

Again, I did not know he played for you lot. Ours was his first managerial job, and he was summeriser on five live when he drew with Big Boro

Mike Blackstone

Just remembered that Dudley Kernick has been connected with both clubs as well. Played for Exeter City in 1945-46. I believe after leaving Nuneaton he became commercial manager at Stoke City?