• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exclusive interview with Paul Tisdale

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Tis as a person, from the limited conversations I had with him. Intelligent, thoughtful, motivated, unconventional - all good attributes IMO

But... IMO...

He probably stayed too long

He seemed slightly insecure and defensive in the latter years

He over-reacted to the issue about the rolling contract

The rest is water under the bridge

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL have produce a podcast in two parts of an interview with Paul Tisdale. Part 1 can be found at https://www.exeweb.com/2020/04/13/efl-the-paul-tisdale-podcast-part-1/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And here's part 2 of the EFL podcast featuring Paul Tisdale featuring on the "bizarre" week he left Exeter City https://www.exeweb.com/2020/04/13/efl-paul-tisdale-interview-part-ii/

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
And here's part 2 of the EFL podcast featuring Paul Tisdale featuring on the "bizarre" week he left Exeter City https://www.exeweb.com/2020/04/13/efl-paul-tisdale-interview-part-ii/
Is this produced by the EFL? If so, surely the club as the member, has a right of reply to put the record straight, from their perspective...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is this produced by the EFL? If so, surely the club as the member, has a right of reply to put the record straight, from their perspective...
The Club have well and truly moved on. You won't find much mention of Paul Tisdale or his photographs at St James Park. It's almost like he has been air-brushed from our history :)

malcolms

The Club have well and truly moved on. You won't find much mention of Paul Tisdale or his photographs at St James Park. It's almost like he has been air-brushed from our history :)
Possibly, but it's the perception from outside the club that could be influenced by an article circulating on a website seemingly, supported by the competition that the club plays in!

Avening Posse

I enjoyed that aside from the contract stuff. I think he talked well on all things football and how smaller clubs have to deal with the inevitable downs that follow the success. Brought back some good memories on the football side

dontpassback

I think it still grates with Paul Tisdale,that the fans (who in his opinion know nothing about football,and how much it hurts to lose at wembley)had the temerity to give him notice on his contract,and these latest interviews etc,are imho a punt to get another job in football management! I wish him well with that,but would point out that ECFC were just as beneficial to his career as he was to ECFC

StudentGrecian

I do find it a bit weird that all the photos of the promotion celebrations were removed from SJP, as much as I like the archive stuff surely a balanced could have been achieved, it is part of our history after all!

Shame both sides couldn’t have moved on amicably

Rosencrantz

I do find it a bit weird that all the photos of the promotion celebrations were removed from SJP, as much as I like the archive stuff surely a balanced could have been achieved, it is part of our history after all!

Shame both sides couldn’t have moved on amicably
Hopefully time will be a healer, we haven't had many great days to celebrate in our long and mainly undistinguished history. We certainly shouldn't be hiding away those that we have had.