• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ex-Exeter City

Polmeer

Perhaps this should be the new name for Truro City -
In the past week they have completed the signings of Les Afful & Santos Gaia [as predicted on here in the end of April]. Danny Clay has also completed his signing.
They are now joining Andy Taylor, Graeme Power, Barry McConnell, Marcus Martin, Jake Ash.
The Truro Manager - Sean McCarthy - would appear to be trying to secretly assemble the City Team that had that famous FA Cup adventure with Man Utd.
One or two more signings are promised [I was hoping for Deano..!!], it appears that McCarthy is getting together a squad that can mount a serious challenge for the Southern Premier Title - next step Blue Square..!

More power to the 'Cathedral' Cities in Devon & Cornwall.

ianaplincorners

With that team it shouldn't be a 'serious challenge' but more a 'walk in the park'! Good luck btw!

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Long way down for Santos, who I predict would have played for every club in the Conference by late 2011.

Grecian2K

Long way down for Santos, who I predict would have played for every club in the Conference by late 2011.
Wouldn't mind him back on loan though.....just for the game at CHARLTON mind you ;)

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whats the deal there- im presuming they are semi-professional?

Polmeer

I don't know what the deal is - Rushden & Diamonds wanted him but it appears Truro won him over.
There could be several factors - money obviously comes in to it but there is more than that - Sean McCarthy is a bright, new, young Manager - there is a great team spirit and above all there is the ambition to make Truro a Football League Club.
That would be great for me.... as a Truro Lad they will always be my 1st club - but I lived in Exeter for several years and went to the majority of home games and a few away games so The Grecians are my 2nd club.
I have often come to SJP including the Blue Square days and I am looking forward to several visits next season.
I am not alone... there are several I know from the Truro area who look to come to SJP so please don't class all the Cornish as being 'Green'..!!

LOG

Santos was Exeter based whilst playing for Weymouth. His family were settled in Exeter from his days with us.

Whilst Truro is further to travel, it's probably an easier drive than to Weymouth.

Joining R&D would have meant him and his family moving, or him spending almost all of his time away from them. The family won [y]

(Whilst all of the above is true, i also secretly love Santos)

angelic upstart

(Whilst all of the above is true, i also secretly love Santos)
No one knows who you are. I'm guessing you are Santos little helper.

IBA

Best of luck to Truro - but I have this nagging feeling that the wages for these players must be
astronomical for that league and ultimately not sustainable.

Langer

I would agree with that IBA
Also a little surprized Santos never got any higher.