• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Everyday Jingles

Mid Devon Clown

Anyone else sing variations of pop songs to accompany everyday tasks?

I once worked as a lathe operator, which of course led to an endless loop of Sade's classic hit in my head.

Making tea has several jingles: 'Go put the kettle on, and make a brew that's strong' (after Corinne Bailey Rae) or, time permitting, an update of 'Addicted to Love' that predictably begins, 'The kettle's on, the brew is strong, your tea, it won't be long...'. Or simply 'Betty Boo, Betty Boo, just making a brew'.

And of course the act of switching the heat press on at work elicits a burst of Glenn Frey's 1991 hit.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this...

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do it constantly, I rarely remember what I make up either.

Mid Devon Clown

Thank you for your contribution.

Mid Devon Clown

'Always a Frown, from Gordon Brown'

angelic upstart

Thank you for your contribution.
My pleasure, I have a feeling this thread won't run and run.

wemissmoxey

Anyone else sing variations of pop songs to accompany everyday tasks?

I once worked as a lathe operator, which of course led to an endless loop of Sade's classic hit in my head.

Making tea has several jingles: 'Go put the kettle on, and make a brew that's strong' (after Corinne Bailey Rae) or, time permitting, an update of 'Addicted to Love' that predictably begins, 'The kettle's on, the brew is strong, your tea, it won't be long...'. Or simply 'Betty Boo, Betty Boo, just making a brew'.

And of course the act of switching the heat press on at work elicits a burst of Glenn Frey's 1991 hit.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this...

I'm going to keep this short and to the point:

What the furkin hell are you banging on about !!!

(drunk)

LOG

It's not quite the same but back in the day when friends and i would spend hours playing Championship Manager, we had some songs to pass the time.

If one of us was managing in Spain and a Copa del Rey game came up, it would be heralded through a song to the tune of Crocodile Shoes. If there was a game involving Ipswich then this too would be announced, informally, with an adapted rendition of Lipstick, Powder and Paint.

I vaguely remember telling the upstart about this outside of the Walsall social club, the same day that we became aware of the Chillington phenomenon.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thread of the year already.

Mid Devon Clown

I have a feeling this thread won't run and run.
I can't just pluck another 'Advice Please' out of the air!

On topic, holidaying on the East coast of Mallorca last week had me singing 'Girlfriend In Sa Coma' quite often.

Mid Devon Clown

Used to go to school with a girl called Esther Ley. All her troubles were so far away.