• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Every season.

scottus86

Post things that happen every season under Tisdale.

10 games without a win streak.

10 games without losing streak (mostly draws usually)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I renew my season ticket !

I try not to listen to the unfounded bull$hit by doom mongers.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
A good run of form followed by a perfectly understandable defeat. Following this he will wet the bed and revert back to his let's keep it tight and win it in the last half hour mentality. This is despite the fact it hasn't worked for years.

We sign a player who at the start of the season only has one functioning leg and at the end of the season still has one functioning leg.

At least one player who you sit back and think, How the **** did he get a two year deal.

I could go on

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Either ****e at home and unbeatable away (mostly) or fortress SJP and ****e away (occasionally).

Lose to lower-half teams, beat top 6 sides (about 905 of the time)

IndoMike

I renew my season ticket !

I try not to listen to the unfounded bull$hit by doom mongers.
Ramone. Football is about loyal fans but its also about hope and entertainment. If the manager endlessly sends the team out in a negative formation the spirit of the fans is dulled. There is just no entertainment, joy or hope in Tisdale's strategy or tactics. If we'd lost 4-3 today I'm sure the fans would be less critical. Why do we have to settle for this? Why does it have to be Tisdale as manager. Can't you see he is not some superhuman football guru? He is not the maestro. The club has been very loyal to him and treated him well, but he has not achieved good results overall for 6 seasons and now he is holding us back. Tisdale does not have a divine right to be our manager. Until how long must he stay? Until he is 60? Are there no criteria at all for him to be judged?
Can the fans bear yet another season of soulless anti-football? Thinking that the manager is a good bloke is not sufficient grounds for hiring him forever. We need something new and refreshing, and so does Tis. It's time everyone accepted this.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Mike didn't we have goals ruled out today ? If they weren't ruled out for whatever reason then we have taken the 3 points.

There is always hope, and that hope gives me enough to keep returning week after week some may say im a rose tinter but I wait til the end of the season then make up my mind to have my moans or rejoice usually with a couple of other City mates and go from there.

As ive said before I have found some of the line ups strange but they have worked at times , sometimes they haven't and ive walked out feeling robbed ! Tis picks the team and rightly or wrongly its his ultimate choice but its the players on the pitch that day that win or lose the battle for 3 points.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Mike didn't we have goals ruled out today ? If they weren't ruled out for whatever reason then we have taken the 3 points.

There is always hope, and that hope gives me enough to keep returning week after week some may say im a rose tinter but I wait til the end of the season then make up my mind to have my moans or rejoice usually with a couple of other City mates and go from there.

As ive said before I have found some of the line ups strange but they have worked at times , sometimes they haven't and ive walked out feeling robbed ! Tis picks the team and rightly or wrongly its his ultimate choice but its the players on the pitch that day that win or lose the battle for 3 points.
That's because we're Grecians and the thought that we could ever support anyone else is unthinkable. If the team would be relegated and spend another 5 years in the conference or even worse we'd still be there as we did when it happened. Back then we were grateful that we were still in existence and there was evidence of progress year on year, despite continued dire financial circumstances.

We have to look at ourselves now though, the old excuses don't exist anymore, we're solvent and stable. We don't have to scrape by with rejects, children and crocks, we certainly don't have to be apologetic about our existence by trying to scrape points with minimal effort or ambition. I hear Tisdale petulantly saying that he doesn't care about playing attractive football or even developing the kids anymore, it's just results that the fans want. All very well and possibly true but when we play crap football AND lose then his words mean nothing, except that he doesn't really understand the fans, or the league even after all this time.

God knows how we've got ourselves into a good position but to blow it now I feel, would be inexcusable.

IndoMike

mike didn't we have goals ruled out today ? If they weren't ruled out for whatever reason then we have taken the 3 points.

*Yes Ramone, but a goal ruled out is not a goal. It means nothing

There is always hope, and that hope gives me enough to keep returning week after week some may say im a rose tinter but i wait til the end of the season then make up my mind to have my moans or rejoice usually with a couple of other city mates and go from there.

*Nobody would have a bad word to say about your attitude and loyalty, but many fans want more than that. Does it have to be Tisdale as manager? Do u want him at City forever?

As ive said before i have found some of the line ups strange but they have worked at times , sometimes they haven't and ive walked out feeling robbed ! Tis picks the team and rightly or wrongly its his ultimate choice but its the players on the pitch that day that win or lose the battle for 3 points.

*True, but Tis signs the players and it's Tis who sends out the team with a defensive mindset. He's far too cautious, even against teams which are theoretically inferior to us. People are getting bored with it all, Ramone, even City diehards.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Things that happen every season:

We sign at least 1 player who will play less than 5 games

The pitch gets used as an excuse

The weather gets used as an excuse

We're the best passing side in the division according to the media yet we play long-ball football

We re-sign a player who's played for us before (who's not as good anymore)

Leads

An interview with Tisdale/Tagg/Perryman appearing in a national newspaper in which they manage to antagonise a large portion of our fan base