• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Everton V Liverpool - FA cup 4th round replay

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bout time Jagielka let the ladyboy out of his pocket. Getting a bit cruel.

cityfan13

Liverpool really are the biggest joke around at the moment.

Rafa literally hasn't a clue. Neither do the people behind the scenes. What kind of board sanctions a £20m move for a striker then sells him for £12m six months later.

It's shambolic business.

Now with Gerrard crocked and Torres looking crocked. It really does make me laugh and almost pray Liverpool finish 5th this season even though they are my favourite team in the Prem. City come first obviously.

Benitez has GOT to go. I'd sooner have Mickey Mouse in the job FFS. At least he'd play his best 11 week in week out.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
They were under the cosh because they were sitting back going for penalties, not because they had 10 players. 1 fewer player really shouldn't make that much difference.

"You" got what "you" deserved.

Haw haw haw.
Yup, Liverpool deserved nothing.

pitty an ex Argyle w*nker scored the goal....

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Benitez has GOT to go. I'd sooner have Mickey Mouse in the job FFS.
I thought you had Mickey Mouse in charge !

Got to love Karma, eh ?! :)

mammooman

Love the bold large text on the itv.com/sport website.

Amazing Telly You Really Can't Miss made I laugh

LammieLammieLammie

I thought it was a really decent game.

titles are won and lost on key moments. Chelsea have missed Essien big time, and when Gerrard went off you could feel the mersey tide turn. Lucas was a muppet, when you are on a yellow....

Thats what cost the dippers.

Gosling held the line so well when he came on, and all of a sudden found himself in the mix....

LammieLammieLammie

Bout time Jagielka let the ladyboy out of his pocket. Getting a bit cruel.
Is a good shout.

Anyone that didn;t call that one as MoM knows Jack about football.

GrecianInWales

Ok, as an ITV employee, I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, so I'm putting on a tin hat now, but having seen all the Facebook statuses from a lot of you last night, and now having read this thread, it's probably only fair that I post what I know and have been sending to everybody today...

This is the official statement from us on the matter and an apology from Michael Grade:

During coverage of The FA Cup fourth round replay between Everton and Liverpool, ITV experienced an unprecedented transmission error. In some regions this resulted in an unplanned commercial break automatically interrupting coverage of the match. This problem occurred at the transmission centre and was not the responsibility of the ITV Sport production team.

ITV Executive Chairman, Michael Grade said: “Most importantly I’d like to apologise to all our viewers who were affected by last night’s unprecedented technical error. As a football fan myself I was glued to the match and was as disappointed as anyone to miss the goal.

“We have years of experience in dealing with the changes in ad break patterns when games go into extra time and, sometimes penalties - this we have done faultlessly through the Champions League, World Cup and European Championships. Last night's glitch was inexcusable and we are awaiting the results of our technical inquiry so we can put in place stringent and immediate procedures to address this.”

And there's not much more I can add on this. It was a transmission / technical error and, again, I can only offer apologies on behalf of ITV to everybody who missed the goal :( As Michael says, we are looking into it and as far as I'm aware it wasn't scheduled.

I don't expect any of this can make up for missing the goal, but as a forum regular I thought everybody deserved some kind of explanation.

Sorry again :s

PS just a quick note - I'm not part of ITV Sport, I just work in the press office on a variety of things. This isn't quite my area, so I may not be able to answer anything that follows, but I will pop back on throughout the day.

Again, sorry for this.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers for that GiW and it's pretty much the explanation I expected because it seemed like a glitch, albeit one which occured at the most unluckiest of times (you couldn't do it better if you tried :D). Sadly though it's not the first time that ITV have got on my wick, they persistently raped the F1 coverage for a number of years and always feel the need to insert the news into the middle of a feature film rather than scheduling around it. And I know that it's probably down to licensing but it's bloody irritating that there are no repeats of The Championship and it doesn't go up on the Catch Up service either, with the exception of Dexter The Championship is the only thing I want to see but keep missing it and don't get a chance to see it at any other time.

Must be a nightmare for you lot today though, there must have been a lot of people out there who have gone nuts about this one off the back of what seems to be just an unfortunate series of events. However I expect that there will be a lot of people out their who will comment that it wouldn't have happened if the Cup had still been with the Beeb :S

DB9

They repeat The Championship on ITV4 a day or two after at 1pm