• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EU Referendum, Are you in the "In" or "Out" Camp?

oxford don

Personally I think when it comes to the crunch the nation will vote to remain, purely because I don't think the fortunes of the nation, immigration control, the efficiency of the NHS etc. etc. will change one iota should we exit or remain. So in that respect I don't think the average man in the street will be prepared to take the risk of another economic meltdown.

I suspect if we exit there will be a short term financial shock with large losses in stocks and shares and related personal pensions, these should recover in time if you can keep your nerve and have time on your side. I however have accumulated a significant cash sum in my SIPP so rather than risk seeing it diminish I have decided to take the money and run...(see new topic )

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... I however have accumulated a significant cash sum in my SIPP so rather than risk seeing it diminish I have decided to take the money and run...(see new topic )
You do know that when they said the choice was 'Leave or Remain' they didn't mean literally. :)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You do know that when they said the choice was 'Leave or Remain' they didn't mean literally. :)
Now there's a thought. Housing shortage solved at a stroke if Leavers can be persuaded it should be a literal thing.

elginCity

As a gesture of magnanimity post 23rd would like to see the Brexiters offered a relocation package to some islands they can call their own in splendid isolation e.g. Orkney, Shetland, Falklands; Gives them FULL CONTROL of borders, total sovereignty, free trade with the Commonwealth and rest of the world, they could call it Great Brexitain.

We'll keep our Union flag though, flying high in Europe.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Now there's a thought. Housing shortage solved at a stroke if Leavers can be persuaded it should be a literal thing.
I have seem Brexiters exclaim concern that the EU will allow millions of Turks in to the country, so will be leaving if the country votes to remain. All without a touch of irony.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I have seem Brexiters exclaim concern that the EU will allow millions of Turks in to the country, so will be leaving if the country votes to remain. All without a touch of irony.
Sounds like Turkey will be pretty empty, they could go there.

StroudGrecian

...and all the while singing '**** off Europe, we're all voting Leave' to a posse of heavily clad gendarmes.

One wonders where they think they might be leaving to?

tavyred

Latest poll has Brexit with a 6 point lead. This being described as the 'Geldof Bounce!' 😀

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Latest poll has Brexit with a 6 point lead. This being described as the 'Geldof Bounce!' ��
Faded rock star dead cat bounce.

I still don't believe Brexit will win. They had a mountain to climb and I still expect a swing to Remain over the last few days.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The dead cat strategy was clearly Osbourne's budget threat, which seems to have backfired badly.