• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ampadu fouled because he was totally outplayed. O. K. Grealish is a quality player but the sort of player he will meet every week.
He's young but might have learned how to deal with tricky players by serving a proper aprentiship rather than preening himself on benches in Germany and West London. Nn

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree with this, he didn't have his best game and was chasing shadows, rightly got booked and then sensibly taken off. I think there's a few sour grapes here, I didn't like the way he left City but that was his choosing, you can't blame him for chasing the £s. If he'd done it how Ollie had I think we would all be a lot more positive about him, I like to see how he's doing but ain't that bothered really, Ollie on the other hand I'm genuinely pleased for and his bank balance hasn't been too badly affected by staying at City that extra season!
For the umpteenth time, the main reason Ollie didn't leave at 16 was that no-one was interested in him at that stage. The biggest difference between Ollie and Ethan is nothing to do with their attitude towards City but that it took Ollie a few more years to develop as a player.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ampadu fouled because he was totally outplayed. O. K. Grealish is a quality player but the sort of player he will meet every week.
He's young but might have learned how to deal with tricky players by serving a proper aprentiship rather than preening himself on benches in Germany and West London. Nn
On the one hand Jack Grealish is one of the best attacking players in the country and in the last week has made more experienced players than Ethan and a better team than Wales reserves look foolish. On the other hand the last time the two players Ethan was part of a very solid defensive performance that was able to keep Grealish quiet, even though he was playing against 10 men.
And I'm pretty sure that Ethan wasn't just preening on the bench last season but also learning quite a lot from training regularly with some of the best players in Europe.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps having a much better game today.

andrew p long

Wales Online has Amps as the 'Star Man' of the Wales performance. 'Stuck his neck on the block in both boxes.Slotted into the centre of defence seamlessly...produced a fine display at the back'

Its quite a few consecutive clean sheets now when Ethan has played in central defence for Wales.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Stuck his neck on the block in both boxes " !! Lol

Look forward to seeing him on Britain's Got Talent.

Wales Online has Amps as the 'Star Man' of the Wales performance. 'Stuck his neck on the block in both boxes.Slotted into the centre of defence seamlessly...produced a fine display at the back'

Its quite a few consecutive clean sheets now when Ethan has played in central defence for Wales.
Continuing the 'neck on the block' theme, I don't have any axe to grind when it comes to Ampadu, but looking decent in a nil-nil against a Republic.of Ireland team heavily depleted by Covid-19 hardly puts him head and shoulders above others.

DB9

Its too early in the season to really judge Amps, He has just spent the last couple of seasons bench warming and has only played a few games for a club he's on loan to, Playing for Wales although a great sense of pride is not blesed with great players and opposition is always a bit hit and miss on the international scene, I think we should see how he does after a season in the PL under his belt, Playing against some world class players and hopefully getting a proper run in the team too.

JCWhoosh

Anyone see Ampadu's dive to get McLean sent off in the Ireland vs Wales International. I know football is ripe with dives and feigning injury but that was a little poor from Amp in my opinion.

ralph

Anyone see Ampadu's dive to get McLean sent off in the Ireland vs Wales International. I know football is ripe with dives and feigning injury but that was a little poor from Amp in my opinion.
I noticed that alright, and I agree with you.