• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

budegrecian

Why? A boy just turned 17 who's good enough to be on the bench for the PL champions isn't worth £3.5m? Ok, lets put this another way, if another PL side were to offer, say, £5m for him do you think Chelsea would accept? No chance, they'd say he was worth far more than that.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's forget any deal with Chelsea : clearly not going to happen. I sincerely hope that we have started the process for the tribunal, though.

Banksy

Think you're right Mike , Chelsea are not in the charity business and don't seemingly give a fig.Let's hope we find some sympathetic ears on the tribunal.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the bench today against Watford
Congratulations to him and all those who helped him get this far. A year ago he was fitting in ECFC games between studying for GCSEs. Now he's on the brink of being a PL player.

I suspect the Tribunal might take some time to arrange, from memory the one for TAH and Dunne took ages. But we got more for each player than might have been expected, so I'm reasonably confident we will break our transfer record with this one.

Last edited:

Langer

As he was never on a contract with us I fear we wil get a token amount for helping with his training.

Matt Russell

so I'm reasonably confident we will break our transfer record with this one.
It comes to something when a man on Desolation Row is the confident one.

Exe on Valdez

I'm reasonably confident we will break our transfer record with this one.
Me too. The delay in arranging this tribunal is playing into our hands, I think. When the time comes, if Conte has played Ethan in the PL, it will be difficult for them to argue that they were not buying a Premier League standard player off us and then they should pay accordingly.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You'd think a tribunal could have been organised by now!

iscalad

You'd think a tribunal could have been organised by now!
I reckon we will get a nice Xmas present.

Zi Zou

am guessing other clubs would have wanted him, especially if not signed a contract...but were Chelsea only team that offered?
Im guessing that a token amount for his training will not be the case