• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

tonykellowfan

I read somewhere the Chelsea's youth setup below the first team costs £8m a year to run.

They are not making a profit out of their dealings in young players.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I read somewhere the Chelsea's youth setup below the first team costs £8m a year to run.

But still they have a youth set up, There must be something in it for them

StudentGrecian

Kalas, Omeruo, Hector, Aina left last season for a combined total of just under £25 million?
How many games did they play for Chelsea?

Rosencrantz

Kalas, Omeruo, Hector, Aina left last season for a combined total of just under £25 million?
How many games did they play for Chelsea?
Not forgetting all the loan fees they pick up.

LOG

This was discussed on the Price of Football podcast and they are actually making a lot of money from the young players. They sweep them up at fairly young ages, either send them out on loan or keep them within the academy set up, then keep the ones they want and sell the rest.

They were generating a huge amount of income doing this because the numbers of players going though the process was so high.

grecianstew

To me, that says the opposite, they must make a big profit on young players. On top of the fairly large sums we know of, plus the loan fees, there are countless 2,3,4 £mill players we never hear about.

tallone

Saw this on another site.. could be interesting...

Ethan Ampadu - Chelsea could face a struggle to hold on to the 19-year-old if AC Milan hire Ralf Rangnick as their new sporting director (Daily Express, March 18)

Banksy

Saw this on another site.. could be interesting...

Ethan Ampadu - Chelsea could face a struggle to hold on to the 19-year-old if AC Milan hire Ralf Rangnick as their new sporting director (Daily Express, March 18)
Few ifs there , but would it mean anything to City cash wise? If so bring it on !

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Few ifs there , but would it mean anything to City cash wise? If so bring it on !
If he went for £25m I think we would get around £4.5m.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
If he went for £25m I think we would get around £4.5m.
Chelski wont be happy about losing 1/5th of their money !