• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a life the lad has created for himself. He's just casually strolling around with the likes of Hazard and Luiz.

Hopefully we'll see more of him in the first 11 next year
If Sarri is off back to Italy, and someone like Lampard comes in, he may get more opportunity !

fred binneys head

More likely is lampard staying at derby, Tomori returning to Chelsea and Amps going to derby on a season’s loan.

grecIAN Harris

More likely is lampard staying at derby, Tomori returning to Chelsea and Amps going to derby on a season’s loan.
I thought I saw yesterday that Tomori has signed for another season in loan at Derby.

fred binneys head

I read he wanted to stay (when asked the leading question by a journalist) not that he was staying.

IndoMike

I guess with Terry at Villa a loan to Villa could be speculated

ryancooper327

“He [Ampadu] only came on in the 66th minute, but the difference Ethan Ampadu made to Wales' build-up play was telling.

He gave Wales a progressive platform: always wanted the ball, showed for it at every opportunity, and executed a few aggressive, line-breaking passes into attackers.”

Can’t disagree, he added a bit more grit to the Welsh team. Makes Chelsea’s decision not to loan him out to get first team football even more crazy really. Hope he gets 30-40 appearances wherever he goes this next season. Think Derby would be good for him.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
“He [Ampadu] only came on in the 66th minute, but the difference Ethan Ampadu made to Wales' build-up play was telling.

He gave Wales a progressive platform: always wanted the ball, showed for it at every opportunity, and executed a few aggressive, line-breaking passes into attackers.”

Can’t disagree, he added a bit more grit to the Welsh team. Makes Chelsea’s decision not to loan him out to get first team football even more crazy really. Hope he gets 30-40 appearances wherever he goes this next season. Think Derby would be good for him.
Ryan agree with all the above but it looks as if Chelsea see him as being very influential in their team and for that reason seem to have decided not to loan him out....next three or four weeks could be interesting.

Steve Moran3

I think if he’s going to be the player everyone hopes- he needs to be playing in the Premier League next season - whether for Chelsea or someone else. I know he’s young but more and more players of his age are now starting to make an impact at Premier League or top European league level. Playing in the Championship would be a backward step I reckon.

Corey

Heard somewhere that Lampard tried to get him in on loan in January but Chelsea weren’t willing to loan him out.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think if he’s going to be the player everyone hopes- he needs to be playing in the Premier League next season - whether for Chelsea or someone else. I know he’s young but more and more players of his age are now starting to make an impact at Premier League or top European league level. Playing in the Championship would be a backward step I reckon.
As Chelsea have a transfer embargo, since Cahill has gone (and even if Zouma returns) I expect he'll stay and be a regular bench-warmer as CH and DM cover. Otherwise a mid table PL team like Palace on loan?