• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

English clubs we have not played?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would love to have been. Transported back just for the day.
Wouldn't it be great to have just ONE of those shirts??

Saint James

I was sat in the Old Grandstand towards the big bank end and about 2/3 rows back, great view, especially with the NEW floodlights. Went with a school friend and his dad great experience and a good crowd if i remember rightly.

Incidentally those were the same lights that were finally removed only a few of years ago from the away end by the Exeter Fire Brigade. Does anybody know if they were ever sold as souvenirs or are they still languishing around SJP somewhere?

Andy_H
Andy, Dacre auctioned them off a few years back raising several thousand quid. I bought one which I have had restored, new bulb fitted and in working order. As soon as the Musuem is up and running it will be donated back to the club.

Tony

Oldsmobile-88

oh yes we have..i know not league
I seem to recall seeing Blackburn being turned over 2-0 at SJP in a Division 3 game around 1979/80..???

Oldsmobile-88

Andy, Dacre auctioned them off a few years back raising several thousand quid. I bought one which I have had restored, new bulb fitted and in working order. As soon as the Musuem is up and running it will be donated back to the club.

Tony
I remember Dacre turning on one of the floodlights in a store...It got vey hot very quickly!!.

Rich Green from Western Power was the man who took them down..

Oldsmobile-88

I seem to recall seeing Blackburn being turned over 2-0 at SJP in a Division 3 game around 1979/80..???
Checked the Rothmans...Drew 1-1 at Ewood Park.Dave Pullar scoring...Won 2-0 at SJP..D*ck Forbes & Steve Neville scoring...

ForeverECFC

Northampton Town?

malcolms

Northampton Town?
I presume you are joking?

GrecianWonder

I presume you are joking?
He is a bit of a joker. His description used to be "I'm never wrong. Ben Watson=Goals."

Exerated

So, is the correct answer to the question in the OP ”none”, while if we just count competitive games, it is Manchester City, Middlesbrough and Arsenal?

Thames Valley Red

Ohh err I did not know the answer that is why I asked the question.

Thanks for the input all!

UTC

TVR