• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
We need another genuine fast bowler, too.
Yep, it is a great shame Mark Wood got injured.

IndoMike

This post is an outrageous example that sexism is still rampant in the Colonies ! That apart I do have to admit in sharing Indo's view of the run scoring ability of Old ladies !
My sexism has been cured by several biffs on the bonce from my dear wife, who I rescued from a tribal community in deepest Borneo and is a bit wild.
I agree it was sexist to imply that Denly could score more runs than two old ladies.

IndoMike

I think we have to accept that we are carp and the outlook for our test cricket team is not bright. Broad and Anderson will be gone soon, so both our bowling and batting look ropey.
The fact that we couldn't replace Denly, who is not a youngster, and Buttler illustrate the lack of depth in our batting department : you just can't carry two batsmen through a tough test series

Avening Posse

I think we have to accept that we are carp and the outlook for our test cricket team is not bright. Broad and Anderson will be gone soon, so both our bowling and batting look ropey.
The fact that we couldn't replace Denly, who is not a youngster, and Buttler illustrate the lack of depth in our batting department : you just can't carry two batsmen through a tough test series
Accept we are a bit carp ???, what was winning the World Cup all about Mike ?

IndoMike

Accept we are a bit carp ???, what was winning the World Cup all about Mike ?
Test cricket, AP. The thread is about test cricket and the Ashes.. The World Cup is a different branch, where we did well.

Alistair20000

New ball available. Fingers crossed. We need to bat until at least tea and without following on.

IndoMike

If ever there was a time for Buttler to get runs, it is now.

Buttler
Archer
Leach
Broad

IndoMike

It's too much to ask for Stokes to get us out of the quagmire yet again. Can't see anyone else being able to stand up to their fast bowling, so it looks all over. If Roy and Deathly Denly could help a little bit that would be nice, but not hopeful.
Such a pity if the last Test becomes a dead rubber.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's only one way out of this latest position. Get our own Mr Bookie a ticket, send him to Manchester dressed in exactly the same way as he was at Headingley.

Could work.

Ashford Grecian

Overton replaces Woakes - bit of a head scratcher, that.
Completely underwhelmed by the decision and performance