• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Honduras - friendly

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good practice this for staying up late next Saturday.
Some of us work on a Sunday! Bit like coming back from a northern away game.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Game on again very shortly.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
bit worried by some of the tackles flying in. More concerned by the injuries than the result of this one, and can only hope that we may look a little better against sides who are trying to beat us rather than sit back behind the ball.

Avening Posse

Yes, it's not a particular "friendly" friendly is it....!

Antony Moxey

Utter, utter sh*te from England. We'll be lucky to gain a point if this is the best we can do. I'm struggling to think of a worst first half performance than this.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Have Honduras been paid off to take as many England players out as possible ?? ffs there should have been at least 2 reds so far

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Typically rubbish England performance.

grecIAN Harris

Oh for Sterling or The Ox last night (more so Sterling), players who can play wide and stay wide. How often did we get around the back in wide positions where we probably would have hurt Honduras mortally eventually? Hardly any.
And then there's Glen 'my first touch is a forty yard hoof to nowhere' Johnson. He's got less control than Credy during a successful European night for Liverpool. I don't think there has been any England player as inept as Johnson since Carlton Palmer. Despite his performance on Wednesday, I think I'd sooner see James Milner play there.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
it wasn't a great performance, but it also stood out for me that we wasted a couple of good performances that we did create. almost certainly Italy and Uruguay will cause us more problems but with our first choice defence we don't tend to concede a lot of goals so in a tight match if Sturridge takes one of his two good opportunities then that could be the difference between a positive and negative result.

the margins tend to be fine at this level, and while we have underachieved at big tournaments only penalties stopped us from reaching a final and two semi's in European championships. and at world cups we could easily have been looking at a final and a semi during the past 24 years.

I don't think we will get anywhere near winning the tournament but the first thing is to try and get out the group. if we do that then Colombia, ivory coast, japan or Greece are hardly unbeatable and then we would have nothing to lose if we were facing one of the big guns in the last eight.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
When are people gonna wake up and realise that international football is about as exciting as a punch in the ball bags - its dire to watch , were no worse than anyone else really.

Take Spain and Brazil away and the rest ain't much better than us -

We wont win the world cup in a million years , but we wont be the worst side there - for once I just wish people would stop being so negative towards the players and the team - the reason there in the squad is because there the best players in our country - get behind them.