• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England Friendlies

Leads

Gerrard is still a good player, all good and well building for the future but at a World Cup surely you want to be heading in there with your best team and I would rather have him in there than Tom Cleverley.

Agree with Jason H, fairly even game and we were nowhere near as bad as some people said but it is very fashionable to talk about how England are "****".

I think the two friendlies will benefit us.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gerrard is still a good player, all good and well building for the future but at a World Cup surely you want to be heading in there with your best team and I would rather have him in there than Tom Cleverley.

Agree with Jason H, fairly even game and we were nowhere near as bad as some people said but it is very fashionable to talk about how England are "****".

I think the two friendlies will benefit us.
How anyone can say we wern't bad is weird. We were so poor, no pace, no spark, no flair and a complete inability to keep the ball. Hart jsut boots it down field and we lose it. Such medieval tactics.

Gerrard is class but needs legs aroudn him, Cleverley is rivalling Smalling for the worst player in the squad, he does literally do nothing.