• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Football suspended until 30 April

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope they're not stupid enough to go abroad for games. Any club who travels abroad for friendlies should be put back in to isolation.
Go back to old school preseason friendlies, Play the local lower and non league teams thus helping those teams by making a few quid

Oldsmobile-88

Go back to old school preseason friendlies, Play the local lower and non league teams thus helping those teams by making a few quid
Indeed.Those exotic trips to China & the like will not be happening in the near future.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure what the state of lower non league clubs will be like, e.g. Tiverton and Weymouth. I would have thought that the National League and the South would be desperate for friendlies as well.

DB9

I'm not sure what the state of lower non league clubs will be like, e.g. Tiverton and Weymouth. I would have thought that the National League and the South would be desperate for friendlies as well.
Indeed, In the aftermath of all this who knows which clubs will be able to carry on but those that can, It would be a great gesture if the bigger clubs played any friendlies away at the lower league and non league clubs

Red Devon

I hope they're not stupid enough to go abroad for games. Any club who travels abroad for friendlies should be put back in to isolation.
I think they’re thinking along the lines of Championship v League 1 & 2 clubs to add a certain amount of competitiveness.

Legohead

Banned
Indeed.Those exotic trips to China & the like will not be happening in the near future.
Good.

PeteUSA

I think they’re thinking along the lines of Championship v League 1 & 2 clubs to add a certain amount of competitiveness.

I dont know what kind of games they'll be! Not much of a spectacle! Depending on how soon it is, the players will all be used to staying 2 metres apart from each other! Bowman will have acres of space!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL still talking about 30th April!

DB9

I dont know what kind of games they'll be! Not much of a spectacle! Depending on how soon it is, the players will all be used to staying 2 metres apart from each other! Bowman will have acres of space!
And he'll still probably miss! :D

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
the players will all be used to staying 2 metres apart from each other!
Would suit Ryan Harley in his later days... :D