• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Fixture Release Date

Legohead

Banned
Oh come on it's not that bad. Nice old school ground and some good pubs about. There are some much worse away days in this league.
Not for me Leads. We're all different I guess. I just have an intense dislike of the town and the club really. I don't really go to footy for the pubs so that's not really high on my agenda for an away game. I can't say Accrington is particularly appealing either as somewhere i'd like to go back to and having lived in and around Cleethorpes for a good few years then i think I can get away with saying that Grimsby away won't fill me with excitement. By and large every other away day next season including those coming up from the NL and down from League 1 I've no problem with and looking forward to getting to as many as possible.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh come on it's not that bad. Nice old school ground and some good pubs about. There are some much worse away days in this league.
Only Colchester IMO.

Luton have the most uncomfortable seats in L2 (old terrace with no knee room). Hylton is the biggest cheat (diver) in L2. No pubs near the ground (though the Con Club is friendly). What's not to like? :(

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
And Wycombe IMO

Ground nowhere near anything.
Parking cr*p/takes ages to get out.
Rubbish atmosphere
You have to watch Wycombe.
We've never won there (I think).

I like Luton by comparison. Old-school, not too far from the station. I give you Hylton and the lack of leg room though

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would love Coventry away or Port Vale away for the first game.

Avening Posse

I enjoy Luton away, always a good atmosphere, but agree the seats are a pain in terms of legroom. The dullest away day for me has got to be Stevenage, that town centre is a dump, the ground is a dump, and the atmosphere when I have been there has been rubbish. Cheltenham for the day out is my favourite

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In the meantime we have the Wurzels in the Centre Spot (this weekend?) and the beer and sausage festival in the Centre Spot on the 1st and 2nd July.

les.gtfc

At least you have a nice visit to sunny Cleethorpes to look forward to again next season. :)

Pete Martin (CTID)

At least you have a nice visit to sunny Cleethorpes to look forward to again next season. :)
Loved my trip there this year - very friendly club too. The temperature never rose above 3°C! It was indeed sunny though. :)

les.gtfc

Loved my trip there this year - very friendly club too. The temperature never rose above 3°C! It was indeed sunny though. :)
If you went into Cleethorpes Town Centre before the game did you take the scenic route to the ground, the walk along the sea wall and over the railway bridge to the ground, rather than walking down the main road. :)

Ashford Grecian

It will be Forest Green away first up....