• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC vs Sheffield United Matchday Thread

uncle buck

Got to admit Harley just doesn't do it for me,we gave him his chance and he took it which is fair play to the lad but for one reason or another it didn't work out and he came back here and just comes across as someone who thinks he is better than his team mates and going through the motions ,just my opinion though

CWH-NYC_

0-1 already from a corner, I think I recall that problem from last season.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Penalty to city

Wheeler fouled, wall hasn't updated since

One all Tom nichols

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-1 Nichols

rp42

1-1 Nichols.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
wheeler and nichols are quality :)

richard_portland

Wall now saying Hoskins has come on along with seven other subs.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-1 down.

Hoskins is indeed on the pitch.

richard_portland

Full time. Thought we were about to break with tradition and gain a positive result against a decent side but no. Will we do better against Torquay? They don't particularly matter but our friendly record is pretty shocking and it would be nice to win one once in a while against a pro outfit.

flack attack

I genuinely don't care if we never win a friendly again in my life. Friendlies serve their purpose in terms of trying things out, but the outcome is completely irrelevant. I'd swap losing every remaining friendly this season for a consolation goal in a league loss they mean so little. The latter would improve our goal difference and would have an outside chance of improving our eventual league position. Obviously no cause/effect there, but you take my point.

I should add that this applies to all friendlies as opposed to just City's. England friendlies were in fact what bored me to tears and put me off ever watching a friendly again in my life live and avoiding them like the common cold (plague is too strong) on TV.

Last edited: