• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC -v- Weymuff official match day fred

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
In fact the first half team was an Under 23 team - with Jordan Tillson as the oldest player.,and two 18 year olds at centre half.

I would welcome any views from those there as to how well the youngsters did.

(and I wonder whether Weymouth will take any of the youngsters on loan - that has often happened after pre-season friendlies against sides at this level)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Best named stand ever?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone on here who went last night? Would be good to hear how the players, particularly the youngsters got on.

Also, does anyone know what sort of injury McAlinden suffered and if it looked bad?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wasn't there, but purely on mcalinden there was a comment, which I think was on Facebook, that it looked like he had tweaked a hamstring. Said that he walked off the pitch, so hopefully just a precaution. Would imagine at this stage, anything at all would normally result in a player being withdrawn.

Hope that Sweeney impresses, and is capable of being a good right back for us, should he sign.

Lyme Grecian

Anyone on here who went last night? Would be good to hear how the players, particularly the youngsters got on.

Also, does anyone know what sort of injury McAlinden suffered and if it looked bad?
I was there, was told by people in the know that McAlinden was suffering from bad blisters on his feet, because he started training in new boots.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was there, was told by people in the know that McAlinden was suffering from bad blisters on his feet, because he started training in new boots.
Cheers.

Remember Jamie Mackie having blisters when he first signed. Good to know it's nothing too bad.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Tisdale was quoted in the E&E report that it was cramp, partly because he had trained in a full session in the morning as well as playing most of the first half.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale was quoted in the E&E report that it was cramp, partly because he had trained in a full session in the morning as well as playing most of the first half.
Yeah just read that....Glad it's nothing serious

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He was in front of us when it happened. It did look rather sudden, like someone who has twinged their hamstring.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't he know the old trick that when you buy a new pair of boots you take a bath in them? The leather gets softened and the boots mold themselves to the shape of your feet.

Last edited: