• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Tranmere matchday thread

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
3 points PLEASE!!! AM looking forward to a game at SJP in what seems like ages!!!
UTC! [ecfc]

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Heart - Shackles off, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and cruise to 3-0 victory
Head - Tentative, 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 and stutter to 1-1 draw

COME ON CITY

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
It's got to be a win... 2-0 City.

thermopylai

A nervy 1-0 (or maybe 2-1) to us. 3 vital points!

Jim Shepherd

Hopefully home on time to get the commentary.

If Fleets isn't able to play next week then wouldn't be surprised to see Tis drop him to the bench to give others a little more match time.

Barnes sounds like he might come not to concede and if we set up similarly (1 up front) it could be a fairly dour afternoon. Barnes must know if he loses to a side in our position then his tenure must be in grave danger so hopefully he adopts a bunker mentality and we can capitalise on that.

Stans and Corr to start up front for me (despite what I put on the Tranmere team thread)

Liam McNamara

john barnes says hes going to shut us out and go for 0-0 draw in the paper this morning!

tho tranmere arnt very good think it will be tough one but we will pull through today

looking forward to seeing noone today and welcome back to the park to stanno

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The chauffuer has the day off, it is my dads first match of the season so lets hope he is a good luck charm!
Hopefully its better than the MK Dons match. Iit will be good to Stans back on the pitch.
I am looking forward to seeing Craig Noone.

DevonSent

Yet another tough game again today. Come on City - let's go looking for a win from the start.
UTC.
[G]

tonykellowfan

Yet another tough game again today. Come on City - let's go looking for a win from the start.
UTC.
[G]
tough????

This is the easiest game we will get all season. If we don't win comfortably then I can't see us surving.

David Treharne

Hazy sunshine here at just after 10:00- it's around 14c, and the wind has swung round from the prevailing easterlies that we've had for much of the week, and is some from south/souhwest. No appreciable precipitation, and if the cloud burns off it could be warm - though possibly not as warm as it was at Leyton last week ( and I do mean the weather). Wind strength 2-3, and despite all the pessimism about potential Tranmere tactics, a good day to get the ball down on the ground and play some attacking football.