• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC V Stockport Matchday Thread

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
another thing that really ****** me off was as soon as Stockport scored we went with three up top, he should have done that at half time,

crap reactive management

iscalad

Can't be bothered to read the thread. All I can say about yesterday was that is was direr than dire. :mad:

Is it just me or is it when a team is struggling in league 1 you bring in, Troy who like someone said has cramp issues and a very injury prone centre mid who won't play for the rest of the season. odd singings methinks

ecfcnath

such a frustrating feeling even after a night of reflecting still come up with the same feeling, too many passengers, not enough passion to win and some really really poor football played. Fleetwood should not have come off, i feel he has got more to offer yet though i know he was very poor at the start of the season. Midfield is a real worry just not got the quality there to win a game or feed the forwards and we look so narrow, sercombe just is not right for the position hes being played, not his fault. We were flat on the terraces today so i blame myself too, but its hard to get going when your watching poor football but from kick off it was flat. Like the old days been here before and we need to get our fingers out and grind out some results now and fight for our place in L1 that we worked so hard to get ! UTC !

manc grecian

Is it just me or is it when a team is struggling in league 1 you bring in, Troy who like someone said has cramp issues and a very injury prone centre mid who won't play for the rest of the season. odd singings methinks
No, remember forget about the present its all about the future.

ecfcok88

the kick off set the tone for the whole match. lumped up the left wing to noboby - i thought we were past that

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know what is more depressing about yesterday's result - losing to the bottom side who haven't won in 17 or Tranmere going above us for the first time this season: I have considered them nailed on relegation certs for ages and the only thing they did to change that was to replace a disaster as manager with their physio!

Thank God he wasn't a PE teacher or we would really be in trouble.

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Although we were sh*te, Sercombe and Logan should both put away their chances.

I'd like to mention for a second time how poor Haber looked. Yes only 30 mins to impress, but it is clear he is just a youngster not up to the rigours of League One football.

manc grecian

I dont think poor is the right word Max. He showed some nice touches and he can definitely play. He is going to do nothing to improve us in the short term though which is what loan players should be all about.

I also dont see the point in signing numerous targetmen and having nobody to supply from the right area of the pitch.

Grecian Max

I also dont see the point in signing numerous targetmen and having nobody to supply from the right area of the pitch.
And yet he keeps making the same mistake... :(