• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC V Sheffield Wed Ratings Thread

mole221

Felt it needed one

30. Artur Krysiak 7/10 Didn't have much to do, but what I saw of him looked solid again, although I will admit I didn't see there goal very well.

2. Steve Tully 7 Bombarded there box again, crosses are definitely getting much better

3. Richard Duffy 9 Absolute Quality, brilliant defensively, and made a couple of quality balls

6 Matt Taylor 7 Solid as usual.

18. Billy Jones 7 Improving Rapidly as a centre back, I didn't like him to start with, but if he keeps performing like this he will be a real asset

11. Scotty Golbourne 8 Similar to Tully, lots of crosses, and he seems to be able to weave in and out of players pretty well too.

7. Ryan Harley 6.5 Still showing a lot of ability, looking good, but needs to stop taking the **** of players so much, usually beating them once is enough, no need to drag it back and do it again. Also, he seems to have given up shooting as much as he did earlier in the season.

8. David Noble 6 Doesn't seem to add a lot, he's OK, but nothing too special

22. Liam Sercombe 9 Brilliant today, played in a more advanced role, and utilised a good number of passes, as well as an incredibly sexy volley

20. Richard Logan 6.5 Had a fairly good game, not his best, but certainly not his worst. A couple of nice flick ons for Cureton.

12. Jamie Cureton 9 Good couple of goals again, as well as some nice passes. I have a feeling that a hattrick is just around the corner [G]

SUBS

4 James Dunne 8 Him coming on was the turning point, absolutely solid, great couple of tackles when he first came on, good all round player. Definitely one to watch.

29 John O'Flynn 8 Good again, scored a good goal, I think there is more to come from him.

21 Jake Thomson ? Did he touch the ball?

Referee and linos: 8 Good perfomances all round, let the game flow well, and didn't make any major c*ck ups. The linesman nearest the bank in the second half made some minor c*ck ups, but nothing to be overly concerned about.

Exeter City FC 9 Great team performance, keep it up.

ForeverECFC

30. Artur Krysiak 7

2. Steve Tully 7

3. Richard Duffy 9

6 Matt Taylor 7

18. Billy Jones 8

11. Scotty Golbourne 9

7. Ryan Harley 7

8. David Noble 6

22. Liam Sercombe 9

20. Richard Logan 6.5

12. Jamie Cureton 9

SUBS

4 James Dunne 8

29 John O'Flynn 7

21 Jake Thomson ? Did he touch the ball?
Bit unfair considering he was only on the pitch for 2 minutes

Referee and linos: 8

Exeter City FC 10

Drew Peacock

Mole needs more on golbs and more on Harley

Ian_Woodward

Golbourne was a 10 today imo, 1 goal, 1 assist and brilliant defending/attacking all game. Was like watching Ashley Cole, he's been getting much better recently (considering his form at the start of the season) Hope he can keep it up

mole221

Bit unfair considering he was only on the pitch for 2 minutes
Iknow was meant to be a joke

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Golbourne is much better when he drills crosses into the box low or on the ground, as soon as he tries to put height on the cross it all goes a bit wrong, fortunately he can play it back to billy jones who can do that for him. Scotty looked good going forward today best I've seen from him for a long time because he hasnt been so great for large parts of the season.

30. Artur Krysiak 7 - solid performance made easy by wednesdays lack of composure.

2. Steve Tully 7 - solid performance, worked really hard as well. (10 for effort!)

3. Richard Duffy 9 - Blinding last ditch tackle, great vision and a couple of top class long balls.

6. Matt Taylor 8 - Won everything in the air, they've got some big lads up front but none of them looked like troubling matty t. today.

18. Billy Jones 8 - Much improved, solid and looked comfortable on the ball.

11. Scotty Golbourne 9 - Excellent going forward, possibly the best I've seen from him.

7. Ryan Harley 7 - Pretty good, looked a bit indecisive at times particularly after beating a man but he does what he does and you cant fault him for it. Decent performance.

8. David Noble 7 - Decent display, picked out some good passes today, just wish he'd have a dig at goal occasionally.

22. Liam Sercombe 8 - I've been moaning about Liams shooting for the last few months, glad to see him hit the target today. We know he only does the spectacular but if he could only up his on-target percentages we would be watching him get ten of those a season. Apart from his fantastic volley he had a good game as well. Pressed nicely and got stuck into their midfielders along with dunney and nobes as well.

20. Richard Logan 7 - couple of good flicks and one bit of beautiful quick footwork while holding up the ball, just a shame he didnt get an opportunity to increase his goal tally today.

12. Jamie Cureton 9 - I've had my doubts about curo but he's been a top signing this season, looks like he really wants to play for us and score goals, he's everything people like fleetwood should aspire to be. ran really hard today, always anticipating the backpass or the unforced error. top movement. MOM for sure.

SUBS

4 James Dunne 7 - good half from dunney today, the boys got a bit of the animal about him at times; at any rate the wednesday midfield certainly seemed like they didnt fancy mixing it with him today.

29 John O'Flynn 7 - made some good runs, lovely taken goal into the bottom corner, generally from what i've seen of him I have high hopes for o'flynn, think he'll do well.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Artur - 5
Tully - 7
Goldie - 9
Duffy - 10
Taylor - 8
B.J - 8

Noble - 4
Sercs - 8 for performance but f*ck it he will get a 10 for his goal
Harley - 9
Dunne - 10