• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Grimsby Town Hungover Prediction Thread (3pm KO)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grimsby are on a good run despite their injury list and I do not think this will be an easy game.

Sticking with my 2-1 win on the Decperd. Natch, at least one of the goals from Jayden.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
This will be a tough game in my opinion, Grimsby have some very good league two players, I particularly rate their keeper (James McKeown) and Wes Thomas. Their manager seems to be doing a decent job of rebuilding them.

I predict a draw, 1 - 1.

Alistair20000

This will be a tough game in my opinion, Grimsby have some very good league two players, I particularly rate their keeper (James McKeown) and Wes Thomas. Their manager seems to be doing a decent job of rebuilding them.

I predict a draw, 1 - 1.
Are you making the Grimsby scene TPC ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you making the Grimsby scene TPC ?
Hopefully, I'm out of Devon in the morning but hoping to be back in time for KO.

les.gtfc

Well, since my last one seemed to go so well may I be permitted another go?

Since it's an awfully long cold poke from Fish Finger hq for our good old pal Les I'll predict a nailbiting, hungover 4-4 draw this time, just for him.
Jayden with a farewell home hat-trick and four absolute howlers from Christie - just to keep the potential predators at bay and keep a dear old chap from Arizona happy into 2019.

Attendance 5,100 (including 99 deep frozen haddock....and our Les)
Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow. I usually work Saturday mornings and struggle to get time off over Christmas as it's our busiest time. I know a few mates who are going down though.

We're in good form at the minute but we're currently decimated by injuries, but hopefully we'll have enough fit bodies to field a decent team, even though it might have to be a round peg in a square hole in more that one position. Despite winning at Vale on Boxing Day though our away form is not very good so I'd take a draw now if offered but I can see us getting beat to be honest.

Would expect us to have around 300 down there tomorrow.

Last edited:

Saint James

Scrappy 1-1 with Grimsby scoring inside ten minutes and Jonathan Forte coming off the bench to equalise in the 81st minute in front of 4,988. Plenty of sobbing on the BB when Jayden does a farewell lap of honour

fred binneys head

Think we’ll struggle today.

0-0.

Banksy

Depends on whether Stockley plays or not. If he does I'll go a close 2-1 to us but I'd not write off Grimsby as they are going well.
Without our talisman a 1-1 draw.
Hope you enjoy a good game everyone and travel safely.

GJW

Tight 1-0 to City in front of 5028.